Exploitation of Muslim Women by Leaders of the Salafi Muslim Community?

Abu Usamah Thahabi is the Imam at the Green Lane Mosque in Birmingham. This is the man who was exposed on the Channel 4 programme ‘Undercover Mosque’ when he said “Allah has created the woman, even if she gets a PhD, deficient.

This website below seems to have been set up by a number of Salafi women , who attend the mosque, after took their complaints about sexual harassment to the management of the mosque, who responded by ignoring their complaints and defending the accused.

They are asking for help from muslims and non-muslims .

Muslims and Non-Muslims, please copy the letter listed below and email it to the addresses on the page.

http://protectmuslimsisters.com/

Abu Usamah Thahabi is the Imam at the Green Lane Mosque in Birmingham. This is the man who was exposed on the Channel 4 programme ‘Undercover Mosque’ when he said “Allah has created the woman, even if she gets a PhD, deficient.

This website below seems to have been set up by a number of Salafi women , who attend the mosque, after took their complaints about sexual harassment to the management of the mosque, who responded by ignoring their complaints and defending the accused.

They are asking for help from muslims and non-muslims .

http://protectmuslimsisters.com/

That website is painfully badly designed and very difficult to read. It seems to consist of a lot of repetitive, non-specific, unsubstantiated accusations against the Salafi leaders, liberally garnished with CAPSLOCKS TEXT CALLING ON READERS TO DEFEND THE HONOUR OF MUSLIM SISTERS AND BROTHERS, INSHALLAH...

Sorry, I'm all for challenging hypocrisy and abuses of power, but without some evidence that this is anything other than a clumsy smear campaign I'm not interested.

That website is painfully badly designed and very difficult to read. It seems to consist of a lot of repetitive, non-specific, unsubstantiated accusations against the Salafi leaders, liberally garnished with CAPSLOCKS TEXT CALLING ON READERS TO DEFEND THE HONOUR OF MUSLIM SISTERS AND BROTHERS, INSHALLAH...

Sorry, I'm all for challenging hypocrisy and abuses of power, but without some evidence that this is anything other than a clumsy smear campaign I'm not interested.

I don’t think he needs a smear campaign.He is doing a good job himself. Abu Usamah Thahabi is an American convert to Islam and has a reputation in the American Salafi mosques.

He previously served at a number of American Salafi mosques but he doesn’t seem to stay in any one place for very long. In fact, he is normally chased out eventually, leaving a trial of abused women in his wake. Wherever he puts his turban, that’s his home and whilst at home, when he is not preaching bigotry, he’s out preying on women who belong to the Salafi community.

I don’t think he needs a smear campaign.He is doing a good job himself. Abu Usamah Thahabi is an American convert to Islam and has a reputation in the American Salafi mosques.

I have little sympathy for any religious ideology. But, no useful evidence for the various accusations is offered, or if it is it's difficult to find among all the RANDOM CAPSLOCKS and INSHALLAHs etc.

Abu Usamah Thahabi may well be guilty as charged in every case presented (were there different instances of abuse listed; I really couldn't tell). I'm always ready to assume the worst about religious folk, but I try not to give in to my prejudices and without any evidence it is reasonable to take the neutral view that he is innocent until found guilty.

I don't think that anyone should be allowed to get away with abusing a position of power, but it's irrational to assume that all accusations against Thahabi are justified just because he also happens to be a fundy religious loon.

The Salafi women responsible for that website should be talking to the Police.

Another day.

Another muslim bashing thread on Sheffield Forum.

Im starting to wonder why i joined.

You call this a Muslim-bashing thread? Have you actually read the OP?

I don't know if the claims are genuine or not, but speaking out against ill-treatment of Muslim women is NOT Muslim-bashing. Unless of course you think that being Muslim entitles you to treating Muslim women badly.

You call this a Muslim-bashing thread? Have you actually read the OP?

I don't know if the claims are genuine or not, but speaking out against ill-treatment of Muslim women is NOT Muslim-bashing. Unless of course you think that being Muslim entitles you to treating Muslim women badly.

You think some musl9ims are the only oneswho abuse women?

Ill lert you into a secret, it happens everywhere but if its a muslim in the story then it makes the news and this forum.

If its anyone else it rarely gets a mention.

Ill lert you into a secret, it happens everywhere but if its a muslim in the story then it makes the news and this forum.

i think its enshrined in law that a Muslim man who abuses women is more protected than the woman.. isn't it true that a womans version of events is only half as valid as a mans?

and don't get me started on plans to revive necrophilia in Egypt... (google it)

Yes but where else is it enshrined any other holy book how to beat your wife.

You can look up anytime on search engines where the Koran explains to Muslims how and why to beat your wife.

i think its enshrined in law that a Muslim man who abuses women is more protected than the woman.. isn't it true that a womans version of events is only half as valid as a mans?

and don't get me started on plans to revive necrophilia in Egypt... (google it)

And how many witnesses to her rape does a muslim woman have to provide in pakistan? If she can't she's executed for adultry.

http://hurryupharry.org/2012/04/24/sexual-deviancy-at-green-lane-mosque/

Archived