Exploitation of Muslim Women by Leaders of the Salafi Muslim Community?

You call this a Muslim-bashing thread? Have you actually read the OP?

I don't know if the claims are genuine or not, but speaking out against ill-treatment of Muslim women is NOT Muslim-bashing. Unless of course you think that being Muslim entitles you to treating Muslim women badly.

Well put! :thumbsup:

Yes, I've never read any Islamic literature condoning necrophilia, is Sidecut one of the "Muslim bashers" that AbdullahJones was hoping for?
Perhaps you are correct about the necrophilia thing, but they do execute Homosexuals in Islam controled Iran, and blame earthquakes on loose women, and you can't get much more wacko and immoral than that!

Perhaps you are correct about the necrophilia thing, but they do execute Homosexuals in Islam controled Iran, and blame earthquakes on loose women, and you can't get much more wacko and immoral than that!

See, now you're taking it off topic and being the Muslim-basher that AbdullahJones was hoping for. Congratulations.

Abu Usamah Thahabi is the Imam at the Green Lane Mosque in Birmingham. This is the man who was exposed on the Channel 4 programme ‘Undercover Mosque’ when he said “Allah has created the woman, even if she gets a PhD, deficient.

This website below seems to have been set up by a number of Salafi women , who attend the mosque, after took their complaints about sexual harassment to the management of the mosque, who responded by ignoring their complaints and defending the accused.

They are asking for help from muslims and non-muslims .

http://protectmuslimsisters.com/

Unfortunately, many Muslim women would argue they don't need any sympathy, help or protection. They are authors of they own misfortune, since they entirely buy into the religion and everything that keeps them in their place.

Unfortunately, many Muslim women would argue they don't need any sympathy, help or protection. They are authors of they own misfortune, since they entirely buy into the religion and everything that keeps them in their place.

What should they do then, they can't form a public protest group as they are controlled by either their husbands or their families, maybe the independent women who have escaped into the 21st century could do more to free them from this man-made disciplinary religion

What should they do then, they can't form a public protest group as they are controlled by either their husbands or their families, maybe the independent women who have escaped into the 21st century could do more to free them from this man-made disciplinary religion

Reality doesn't seem to be as simplistic as that http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/27/after-arab-spring-sexual-revolution

I suspect there are women who are oppressed, and women who are willing subordinates. If you try to help the oppressed ones, all you hear back are the ones who are willing participants as it is their lifestyle choice.

The same thing is seen in the burqa debate. Some say it's oppressive. Then the "free choice" burqa wearers come out to say it's their choice. But you will NEVER hear the voice of the ones who CANNOT say it is NOT their choice.

I don't know what can be done about it. Sorry.

I suspect there are women who are oppressed, and women who are willing subordinates. If you try to help the oppressed ones, all you hear back are the ones who are willing participants as it is their lifestyle choice.

The same thing is seen in the burqa debate. Some say it's oppressive. Then the "free choice" burqa wearers come out to say it's their choice. But you will NEVER hear the voice of the ones who CANNOT say it is NOT their choice.

I don't know what can be done about it. Sorry.

I suggest we leave it to the strong, activist women such as those quoted in the Guardian article to sort things out for themselves and other women, I don't think they need Western men to rescue them.

Exactly, well said, and that is why such crackpots as the topic starter points out get their foothold.

Archived