Forged Pound Coins

Would you recognise a fake pound coin and would you then hand it in to the police or pass it on?

My theory is, that if they didn't change the design of the impressions so often it might make it easier to recognise. I quite often come across different designs and wonder what the hell they represent.

Yes I know there are ways to tell them apart. Offset designs etc.

In reality we've probably all passed on a fake one....albeit unwittingly.

Has anyone ever actually handed one in?

OH, and without checking.....which way does the queens head face? To the right, or to the left?.....I bet most of you get it wrong! (a bit of fun)

Would you recognise a fake pound coin and would you then hand it in to the police or pass it on?

My theory is, that if they didn't change the design of the impressions so often it might make it easier to recognise. I quite often come across different designs and wonder what the hell they represent.

Yes I know there are ways to tell them apart. Offset designs etc.

In reality we've probably all passed on a fake one....albeit unwittingly.

Has any ever actually handed one in?

I've had them before and would never hand them in, not when they are worth 100 pennies to me.

Had a fake 10p it was obvious the edges had been filed off a 50p piece.

With any forged money I get after finding out later, I would never hand it in, I'd pass it back out into the system, a few times in the past I've lost out at the bank when they keep them, a receipt for £20 that's worth nothing, is exactly what it is worth nothing to me.

Archived