Has anyone ever used a debt collector

No I would not dream of giving some low life debt collector any business at all they just add to the misery,I'm self employed and you have to be very careful who you deal with don't let the bill rack up in the first place,don't get your leg in if they owe you money it is always hard to get people to pay up.

I have done this more than a dozen times. Here there are several debt collection agencies where you simply go to their website, open an account and bulk upload the data for collection. They only charge fees when the customer pays.

I had a restaurant client who didn't pay for the menus my company had printed. I went to the restaurant, and took away all the menu cards, even from the clients who were reading them. Didn't get my money, but I felt a lot better!

I had a restaurant client who didn't pay for the menus my company had printed. I went to the restaurant, and took away all the menu cards, even from the clients who were reading them. Didn't get my money, but I felt a lot better!

Good idea but, dont think he could rip someones kitchen out though

Good idea but, dont think he could rip someones kitchen out though

I think you can. Ive heard of builders demolishing extensions on peoples houses that they have not paid for and its all legal.

If the joiner also bought the supplies as part of the contract and these have not been paid for, they are legally still the property of the joiner and so he is entitled to reclaim them.

You don't say Woggle but I am presuming you have got judgement. In which case the Court has not failed because they don't enforce judgements, you have to do that yourself or take advice. Whilst some people/companies pay on or before matters get this far not many usually do. The quickest/easiest method to enforce would be to instruct the Sheriff or High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) as they are now known who would visit the debtor and collect your money. To do this they would require a writ of execution at a cost of £60 which would be added to the debt. However, it is much better than using a County Court Bailiff (CEO) who would cost £100 to instruct. Good luck or if you want some further advice I am happy to help.

You don't say Woggle but I am presuming you have got judgement. In which case the Court has not failed because they don't enforce judgements, you have to do that yourself or take advice. Whilst some people/companies pay on or before matters get this far not many usually do. The quickest/easiest method to enforce would be to instruct the Sheriff or High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) as they are now known who would visit the debtor and collect your money. To do this they would require a writ of execution at a cost of £60 which would be added to the debt. However, it is much better than using a County Court Bailiff (CEO) who would cost £100 to instruct. Good luck or if you want some further advice I am happy to help.

Tha'ts all fair and well quoting this and that but the bottom line is you can not get **** out of a wooden horse, if they don't want to or they cant pay there is nothing you can do trust me I have been there loads of times with people owing me money.

• 1 month later...

Archived