Redundancy - Question on a Form RP2

My mate has been made redundant as a consequence of the company going into administration.

The Question:

Apparently, on page eleven of this form, it "suggests" that in terms of his 12 weeks earnings in lieu of notice, which will be paid at the end of the 12 weeks after he got the chop, if he gets a job in the meantime any brass that he gets will denude the 12 weeks notice money that he is entitled to.

A definitive answer is required please - not a woolly googled guess.

Many thanks, I suspect that only a person who works for the authorities will know.

This happened to my husband, he filled the form for the twelve weeks but got a job after nine.

He was given 9 weeks money, minus any benefits he had claimed during the twelve weeks!!

Tax & NI was also deducted.

Hope this helps

This happened to my husband, he filled the form for the twelve weeks but got a job after nine.

He was given 9 weeks money, minus any benefits he had claimed during the twelve weeks!!

Tax & NI was also deducted.

Hope this helps

Many thanks ! Sadly it very much does help, I may have to have a beer before I pass it on though. Ta.

Actually, it raise a very interesting point because another person at the same place has a 6 (six) month notice period, also a contractual entitlement. She will be buggered if she gets a job after, say, 1 month.

Many thanks ! Sadly it very much does help, I may have to have a beer before I pass it on though. Ta.

Actually, it raise a very interesting point because another person at the same place has a 6 (six) month notice period, also a contractual entitlement. She will be buggered if she gets a job after, say, 1 month.

She just said that she had something in her eye - I suspect that it was a tear.

Yes, I thought it was very unfair.

The tax & NI bit I understand as, had you been at work you would have paid it.

But I think that they should give you the full amount that you're entitled to, as it's the ex employer that broke the contract.

They can't expect people to sit on their bums for 12 weeks with no income.

Although, with hindsight, I would have told him to do just that!!

Yes, I thought it was very unfair.

The tax & NI bit I understand as, had you been at work you would have paid it.

But I think that they should give you the full amount that you're entitled to, as it's the ex employer that broke the contract.

They can't expect people to sit on their bums for 12 weeks with no income.

Although, with hindsight, I would have told him to do just that!!

For information, ACAS have stated that the reason for this situation is that in this instance ( company in Administration) the notice period is regarded as a " compensation " payment.

Archived