Leveson enquiry with Rupert Murdoch and others. Is it all a fiasco?

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16216289

Rupert Murdock has been humiliated,and has admitted responsibility for the hacking scandal,even though he says he had been shielded from what was going on.

So much has been revealed about politicians,even going back to Margaret Thatchers time.

Murdock hasn't come off as badly as i thought he would,better then his son actually.I'm not defending him, I had thought he was just another greedy egotistical newspaper tycoon with no principles,but some of his comments have been valid.

Do you think this enquiry has been necessary? There's more to come from Brown next week.

Nothing will come of it, its all just a way to cut ties from the influence of the media mogul.

Get all the cards out on the table, show previous failings and then hopefully once out into the public domain how support = policies, it will be harder for the likes of Murdock putting their own grease on the cogs of democracy.

No one will be to blame, it will be a case of 'it just happened' and 'lets try not let it happen again now we know'.

Which of Murdoch's comments do you agree with?

Well i agree with what he said about local newspapers.About how important they had been to communities in the past.Also mentioning that the loss of their production in many places,was a shame for democracy.

Regarding the questions that he was asked about his association with leading politicians,he implied that they sought his company rather then the reverse.I don't know whether he was telling the truth,but i wouldn't doubt it either?

Guest sibon
I wish they'd break up his media empire. We dont need his crappy Fox News channel in the States.

How else will you find out what isn't true?

I use The Telegraph for the same reason in the UK.

I would like to know how much the inquiry is costing and what exactly it will achieve !

Less freedom for the press probably,and more state control?

Funded by the taxes, It will cost a lot, its gone on for months. Details needed to be revealed though.

`