How much should a recorded delivery letter cost

I had to send a standard letter by recorded delivery today,it contained 2 sheets of paper.I got charged £1.65 to post it,does this sound right?.

The problem is,there's a new bloke in our post office and I dont think he knew what he was doing as the person in front of me was also trying to send a larger letter by recorded delivery as well,the bloke behind the counter tried to charge him nearly £3 but this was objected to.

the other person got out a batch of recent receipts and said it should be 77p to send this sort of letter-as proven on his recent receipt,so it was accepted at 77p.

I didnt have time to question it as I'd already been delayed around 10 mins while waiting for the person in front to be sorted,

seems a lot to have a letter signed for:huh:

Sent a letter recorded at the beginning of the week. Was charge £1.23. Since I had and idea that it was around £1.25 before going to the post-office I accepted the charge as normal.

Single A4 sheet in a standard size envelope.

Archived