A trigonometry question for mathmeticians

Guest sibon
I did it by binomial expansion and laplace transpose.

You should have done inverse tan instead.

Then you would have got the correct answer, like HN.:)

You should have done inverse tan instead.

Then you would have got the correct answer, like HN.:)

I have no idea how that answer is applicable to the question of roofing, though; he might actually want the angle of the other corner but that's easy to work out. I just did the raw calculation.

I need to know the angle pitch of my roof and my scientific calculator has gone on the blink seeing as I have not used it in 20 years.

The horizontal line is 2970mm and the vertical 1170mm.

Thanks in advance who can give me the answer.

Are you sure of these dimensions? 21.5 degrees is a very shallow pitch. What sort of roof covering does it have?

Are you sure of these dimensions? 21.5 degrees is a very shallow pitch. What sort of roof covering does it have?

Here's a question. By "horizontal line" does he mean from the edge to the top, or the entire length of the roof from one edge to the other?

If the latter, my calculation will be wrong. I know less than nothing about roofing; my only contribution is to plug the numbers in and report the result.

Archived