Shopping at poundland

Of course there are some things you wouldn't buy from there, or you might, but don't expect them to last very long or be very good quality, but on the whole for me, its just a why not? Wouldn't go out of my way to go into town to go to Poundland, but if I'm passing I will do.

Nonsense I bought a sweeping brush from Poundland when it first opened in meadowhall about 16 years ago, 5 new heads and 3 new staves later its still as good as new

Nonsense I bought a sweeping brush from Poundland when it first opened in meadowhall about 16 years ago, 5 new heads and 3 new staves later its still as good as new

Sweeping brushes, bowls for the sink, and cleaning products do tend to be great :D

Other certain things like, what can I think of, their packs of plain paper, are about 10x thinner paper than what you could buy elsewhere for a few pence more, or cushion covers, which are terribly cheap material, and pillows with no fluff, you know :D

It's been great for pass the parcel prizes for my daughter's birthday party and I find it's about the cheapest place in meadow hall for a cold drink as the huge bottles of Buxton water are 2 for £1. It's not cheaper for the kids Organix rice cakes though; £1 a bag and I've bought them in adds before for about 79p!

So my question today is simple do you shop in poundland?

The reason i ask is some people seem to think that now i work i wont go in poundland like some kind of snob.

I am fully aware its never going to be an asda rival but just for a few bits i cant help but think why not.

Eg a while back i bought a bluetooth dongle for my pc cost me about £4.00 all in, and also got some cd marker pens cost me £3.00 all in i was in poundland today and they had the same items.

I once bought a usb LED light for lighting my laptop keyboard up when I was sat in the car, when I got it home I plugged it into the usb port on my desktop pc just to try it and it destroyed the front mounted usb circuit board instantly. The pc had cover so I was sent the parts free of charge from the manufacturer but I dread to think how much it would have cost to get my £800 laptop repaired had I tried it in that first.

i worked there for a while and loads of people use it, all classes, races, old . and young, but also they had a real job dealing with shoplifters. it was literally an epidemic. but its there own fault the management wouldn't pay for security. the people like me on the shop floor saw it going on all the time. the thing is there is only so many times you confront people about it.

Archived