Death sentence back in Briton?

Should it be back, and your thoughts.  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be back, and your thoughts.

• Yes
    • No

if we had the Death Sentence, then in my eyes I would feel that majority of people would not commit the crime, in fear of death.

Then you're clearly not very bright, for two reasons. The overwhelming majority of people don't commit murder and all the evidence suggests that capital punishment does not have the effect you hope it has.

Yes which is why all paedos should be Hanged in my eyes!!

I guess that it makes a change from the beam in your eye.

(I don't expect that you'll even get the really obvious meaning of that, never mind the second and third layers :hihi:)

I used to be strongly in favour, but now I'm not too sure for many of the same reasons already stated. However I do believe there needs to be a big change in our prison systems, to many criminals prison is easy time with more rights & benefits they would get normally. I firmly believe prison should be a punishment. For lesser crimes, vandalism, theft etc bring back the stocks & give victims the opportunity to pelt them with rottern veg (I'm sure many would donate the rotten tomatoes, organise the proceedings for free so wouldn't cost the tax payers a thing) I'm sorry but I really don't believe lack of jobs us to blame it's just an excuse. What I do think is to blame is the fact these criminals know if they want something all they have to do is take it from someone else & nothing is done about it. It's time more rights & sympathy were given to the victims & not the criminals

I used to be strongly in favour, but now I'm not too sure for many of the same reasons already stated. However I do believe there needs to be a big change in our prison systems, to many criminals prison is easy time with more rights & benefits they would get normally. I firmly believe prison should be a punishment. For lesser crimes, vandalism, theft etc bring back the stocks & give victims the opportunity to pelt them with rottern veg (I'm sure many would donate the rotten tomatoes, organise the proceedings for free so wouldn't cost the tax payers a thing) I'm sorry but I really don't believe lack of jobs us to blame it's just an excuse. What I do think is to blame is the fact these criminals know if they want something all they have to do is take it from someone else & nothing is done about it. It's time more rights & sympathy were given to the victims & not the criminals

After the criminal has hosed himself down, do you think he'll go away and think about what's he's done or do you think he'll leave it a week and administer a kicking to the people who chucked rotten food at him?

People were put in stocks. The rest is a myth.

That said, whilst I'm against the death penalty, for all the reasons listed above, I feel sentancing should be stiffer and life should mean life, bar perhaps the literal final days. Maybe.

That said, whilst I'm against the death penalty, for all the reasons listed above, I feel sentancing should be stiffer and life should mean life, bar perhaps the literal final days. Maybe.

The word 'life' in itself doesn't actually mean life in prison terms, but people do get sent away for life. It's just that the wording of it is not satisfactory.

The word 'life' in itself doesn't actually mean life in prison terms, but people do get sent away for life. It's just that the wording of it is not satisfactory.

I know life doesnt mean life, I just think it should. The number of murderers on a full life tarif is very small. The figure was quoted on the telly the other day and I can't remember it. There are and will continue to be alot of murderers on our streets who could kill again. There are several I'm sure that have done.

Archived