Clarkson the hypocrite?

The Isle of Man is not part of the United Kingdom, and I am pretty sure not part of the EU. I doubt that it bothers about Human Rights, as it flogged people until comparatively recently.

I do apologise if it's your real name, but somehow I've got this mental picture of somebody called Carruthers doing the flogging.

I do apologise if it's your real name, but somehow I've got this mental picture of somebody called Carruthers doing the flogging.

I spend most of my time stood on a chair, with a rope around my neck, an Orange full of Amyl Nitrite in my gob, and a bag over my head.

My best mate is called George Osborne.

No further clues though.

The Isle of Man is not part of the United Kingdom, and I am pretty sure not part of the EU. I doubt that it bothers about Human Rights, as it flogged people until comparatively recently.

The Human Rights Act was passed by Tynwald in 2001 and it came fully into force on 1st November 2006. The Act incorporates the fundamental rights and freedoms set out in the European Convention on Human Rights into our domestic law. It also makes it unlawful for a public authority to behave in a way which clashes with those rights.

The Human Rights Act is relevant to everyone, and it is especially important for people who deliver public services to be aware of it. The Act is a positive commitment towards safeguarding the rights of the people of the Isle of Man because although the rights are not new, they will be much easier for Island residents to realise.

It's a British Crown Dependency and whilst not a member of the EU may as well be for this purpose.

Yes im fully aware he bought a property that has a footpath near it and he knew it existed but to me if someone isnt happy about something they have a god given right to challenge it.

My grounds for complaint are simple use the path thats what its there for i am fully aware what kind of response i will get here but at the end of the day i want a certain level of privacy and if i could stop people walking past it so close i would without a doubt do it.

Your right he doesnt have the right to close it but he does have the right to challenge it which he has done and i dont see that as a bad thing.

He shouldn't be moaning because he bought a property that has a public right of way running past it. His choice, he knew the path existed.

Much the same, presumably the grass is public like the pavement, you bought a flat in that situation, so what are your grounds for complaint?

He's not won so far and clearly he won't since the public right of way existed for long before he bought that property, he has no right to close it.

Yes im fully aware he bought a property that has a footpath near it and he knew it existed but to me if someone isnt happy about something they have a god given right to challenge it.

My grounds for complaint are simple use the path thats what its there for i am fully aware what kind of response i will get here but at the end of the day i want a certain level of privacy and if i could stop people walking past it so close i would without a doubt do it.

Your right he doesnt have the right to close it but he does have the right to challenge it which he has done and i dont see that as a bad thing.

I agree with what you are saying, he does have a right to challenge it and probably cost him a lot of money doing so, I can nderstand why he has done it too.

I love walking and myself and my partner do a lot of walking using os maps, many times even here in Sheffield when we are following a route, we come across a home or homes and re look at the map thinking we have gone wrong, then we see a sign tucked away behind shrubs saying public footpath, on occasions we feel as if we are walking up their drive ( with how they have placed gates), we have felt uncomfortable when we have seen people when we walk through, even tho we have done no wrong, some even place plants in ornamental things such as tyres, although not totally blocking the way, we have come to realise this is done to make walkers think its private property.

I can understand how they must feel when people walk by their windows, but as a walker I'm just following instruction or route on a map.

Archived