Please help me find info on guitar

joal777

Hello, This is my first post in this forum and was wondering if anyone can help me find out about a guitar shop called Milners' in Division street, Sheffield. Apparently established in 1908. My father has a guitar with their label in and it is a beauty and we are looking for more info on the item . I have pictures but dont know how to post them.:help:

Hello, This is my first post in this forum and was wondering if anyone can help me find out about a guitar shop called Milners' in Division street, Sheffield. Apparently established in 1908. My father has a guitar with their label in and it is a beauty and we are looking for more info on the item . I have pictures but dont know how to post them.:help:

I think you'll find that the Milners you're talking about was on Howard Street in the 60s early 70s on the left hand side going up.

wow! that's a fancy gee-tar willow.

don't want it,I've a les paul - but would like to find out who put the hours in - what does it say on the headstock - is there a serial number on it (usually on the back of the head)

wow! that's a fancy gee-tar willow.

don't want it,I've a les paul - but would like to find out who put the hours in - what does it say on the headstock - is there a serial number on it (usually on the back of the head)

Nothing on it in terms of brand or serial numbers.

Like Toyah said - "It's a mystery"

willow - done a bit of checking - your guitar is vietnamese, check out the 'MandoHarp' website in aus - also if you google dragon inlaid electric guitar les paul (sorry, don't know how to post a link) theres a very similar one in edmonton - the dragon has the same face and the way the wing tip touches the head is the same - guess the same manufacturer 'bruceweiart musical instument workshop' - they have an ebay site selling allsorts of mother of pearl bling for guitars. I'm guessing they buy in guitars and pimp em up with mollusc shells.

willow - done a bit of checking - your guitar is vietnamese, check out the 'MandoHarp' website in aus - also if you google dragon inlaid electric guitar les paul (sorry, don't know how to post a link) theres a very similar one in edmonton - the dragon has the same face and the way the wing tip touches the head is the same - guess the same manufacturer 'bruceweiart musical instument workshop' - they have an ebay site selling allsorts of mother of pearl bling for guitars. I'm guessing they buy in guitars and pimp em up with mollusc shells.

That's about rght. I've dealt with a guy in London who imports inlaid necks and guitar bodies from the far east. You can more or less pick your own pattern. A lot of folks have their name in mother of pearl along the fretboard. He would order the design for you from China when there were sufficient orders to make a shipment worthwhile, and your custom parts arrived about 3 months later.

But sad to relate willowwisp2. Your Les Paul copy isn't worth a great deal and very likely looks a lot better than it plays.

Archived