Please help me find info on guitar

joal777

thanks for everyones help on this matter. He is looking t get a valuation to sell it to pay for a venture he is investing in lol and he is not one for computers. Thanks again everyone.

Joanne

tell him not to hold his breath - it won't be worth much - interesting but more or less valueless, a sheffield collector might be interested (I would've in the past) cos of the local collection, but I'd be astounded if it made £70

I'd contact wizard guitars or wavelength music, both will know local collectors.

alternatively, why not email richard hawley - guitar freak, 'mr sheffield'- big collector - might well be interested in a local instument.

keep us informed - this is great fun

PS also try the washington pub, part owned by nick banks, pulp drummer, walls full of local music memorabilia.

the main guitar collector in sheffield (even bigger than hawley) is phil brodie, multi millionaire aging hippy and proud owner of a '59 les paul.local connection? to get any brass for it, you'll need to sell it straight to a buyer.

There are plety of guitar forums where you can often pick up valuations, I recently had an instrument valued in two local shops at £600 it sold for £1000 on the first day on the Basschat Forum (wish I'd asked for more).:sad:

I had another instrument valued at Musicground in Leeds £1200 I was offered (I wasn't intending to sell) £2000 by a private buyer and accepted.

There are plety of guitar forums where you can often pick up valuations, I recently had an instrument valued in two local shops at £600 it sold for £1000 on the first day on the Basschat Forum (wish I'd asked for more).:sad:

I had another instrument valued at Musicground in Leeds £1200 I was offered (I wasn't intending to sell) £2000 by a private buyer and accepted.

nice one - what were they - my top story is a '62 tele bought at a house clearance auction for £42, sold for £1400 - wish I still had it mind, it was a killer.

nice one - what were they - my top story is a '62 tele bought at a house clearance auction for £42, sold for £1400 - wish I still had it mind, it was a killer.

1965 Fender Jazz Bass cost £107 sold for £3500

1962 Burns Split Sound 6 string Bass cost £700 sold fo £2000 2 years later

1999 Root Beer Musicman Stingray 5 cost £800 sold for £1000 last month

only once though and 25 years ago - most of the countless guitars I've had over the years have cost me money - eg an early 70s sg (bought it in the early 80s) worst guitar I've ever had - wouldn't stay in tune , neck heavy sounded awful - got rid at a heavy loss!

Archived