What’s missing from these Anti-Abortion Group's logos?

exactly, and its what pro life groups want to destroy, a womans right to choose

I don't want to destroy a woman's right to choose. Most of the "pro life" people I know don't want to destroy it either. I grant you that a lot of the activist groups aren't really bothered either way about abortion, they just think it's sinful and unholy for women to have sex.

But none of that has anything to do with my point; which is, who's looking after the rights of the unborn?

The other most noticeable feature of all these logos, aside from the obvious absence of a woman, is that the foetuses are almost without exception, fully developed and resemble a baby. It's manipulative and intentionally emotive imagery, trying to make abortion akin to infanticide.

The other most noticeable feature of all these logos, aside from the obvious absence of a woman, is that the foetuses are almost without exception, fully developed and resemble a baby. It's manipulative and intentionally emotive imagery, trying to make abortion akin to infanticide.

As I said on the other thread, it's the dishonesty and hypocrisy of the "pro-life" protestors that infuriates me.

The vast majority of abortions are performed before 10 weeks, and very few are performed at 23 weeks or beyond, and yet these are the images that the protestors use to protest against ALL abortions.

No sane woman chooses to carry a pregnancy to 24 weeks and then chooses to abort. Behind nearly every one of those images there is likely to be a story about a much hoped for child and distraught parents. Difficult circumstances for the people involved that I cannot begin to imagine. Life threatening circumstances where society must never force women to go to the bitter end, and where even the most vocal "pro-lifer" would not choose to go to the bitter end. And yet it is these images that they choose to dishonestly shame women into choosing any abortion.

Conversely, whats often missing from the pro-choice point of view is the unborn child.

The unborn child has no point of view. Are women stripped of all rights as soon as they become pregnant? Does the state own them and consider them as incubators? That attitude smacks of the dystopian world of The Handmaid's Tale.

As I said on the other thread, it's the dishonesty and hypocrisy of the "pro-life" protestors that infuriates me.

The vast majority of abortions are performed before 10 weeks, and very few are performed at 23 weeks or beyond, and yet these are the images that the protestors use to protest against ALL abortions.

No sane woman chooses to carry a pregnancy to 24 weeks and then chooses to abort. Behind nearly every one of those images there is likely to be a story about a much hoped for child and distraught parents. Difficult circumstances for the people involved that I cannot begin to imagine. Life threatening circumstances where society must never force women to go to the bitter end, and where even the most vocal "pro-lifer" would not choose to go to the bitter end. And yet it is these images that they choose to dishonestly shame women into choosing any abortion.

I agree. It's very dishonest and manipulative. As you say, no one deliberately chooses to continue a pregnancy well into the 2nd semester to then terminate it.

The unborn child has no point of view. Are women stripped of all rights as soon as they become pregnant? Does the state own them and consider them as incubators? That attitude smacks of the dystopian world of The Handmaid's Tale.

Very illuminating statement that.

Archived