Massive queues at Heathrow - bodes well for olympics

Try work-to-rule/go-slow :rolleyes:

Sorry Chris, but I have to vindicate Hots On here.

Experienced it first hand on 29 April 2012.

Took the Customs desk jockey at East Mids 10 minutes to process me (yes, I counted them), including asking me for a second piece of ID (lucky I had one, even though out of date) and lecturing me about my 'old' French passport showing 'damage' adjacent the photo area.

I get customs-checked and passport-examined at least 20 times time a year, every year, intra- and outra-EU, and my 6-year old passport (which shows absolutely no marks or defects what-so-ever near the photo area, even under magnifying glass) had not ever once raised an eyebrow or elicited any query until then.

Oh, btw - the fast-process 'booths' (for UK passport holders with chips/biometrics thingies) were all shut as well.

I'll let you know how I get on when I get back from the US next week. Might have to post from France (or wherever) if they don't let me back in :twisted:

And what do you know about anything let alone immigration?

The last time I landed it Heathrow the new international terminal hadnt been opened.

That airport was the world's worst. A long hike from the jetway to the passport control room and a 45 minute sweaty wait to pass through it with a recorded message every minute apologizining for the delay and droning on about the need for security.

I would recommend any travelers with non EU passports to land at Gatwick instead. Much quicker and frequent express trains to London.

To be honest we dont seem to be able to do anything in this country anymore, we built a bridge across the Thames and it wobbled like nobody's business..It makes you wonder how we won ww2...

The people who are in management dont seem to have the skills like they once did, is it because of the "jobs for the boys" syndrome..?

And what do you know about anything let alone immigration?
I'm an immigrant (non-British) and 'serial offender' (travelling from/to the UK for work and pleasure 10 times a year on average). Considering your usual position/opinion/posts about "dem furreiners" stealing your jobs and your wimmins, I am not the least bit surprised about your unwarranted hostility.

I guess identification at the point of entry isn't much of an issue for you, though, what with the large appendage permanently affixed to your forehead? :thumbsup:

I'm an immigrant (non-British) and 'serial offender' (travelling from/to the UK for work and pleasure 10 times a year on average). Considering your usual position/opinion/posts about "dem furreiners" stealing your jobs and your wimmins, I am not the least bit surprised about your unwarranted hostility.

I guess identification at the point of entry isn't much of an issue for you, though, what with the large appendage permanently affixed to your forehead? :thumbsup:

Hahahahaha!

Tickled?...Oh,yeh. Most definately.:D

Archived