Does anybody know what the initials A.S.S.C could stand for?

bunny92

Hi, yes Marlene that is the company who made the badge, so I am researching that side of things, just no replies as yet.

Unfortunately there are no living relatives who know about, or have wanted to research the Eyre side of the family, Dad always wanted to do it, but it was one of those hobbies that he never started, and he wasnt into computers, so he didnt really know where to start.

Thanks for the link to Sheffield History, I will put a post on there and see what transpires.

You are all great, thankyou for taking this up on my behalf, I really have enjoyed reading and researching, I guess I have been bitten by the bug!!!

hi there, this gets more interesting as the day goes on lol. I had an email from the star today suggesting that is was a school sports badge, like the one that officials would wear, but i dont think my grandfather was into that sort of thing. I feel that a sports club badge for ambrose shardlow is a possibility but it seems quite a posh badge for something as normal as a sports club. As for something to do with silversmiths, no one in our family had any contacts with that type of work. Although my dad had a friend who was a little mester, his name was fred street, and he was a silversmith, but i cant see why this badge would be in my dads possessions.

Anyone else any ideas?

Cheers

bunny

hiya could fred street have given it to him.

Archived