Has anyone argued with a fuel tanker driver ?

I was filling up with fuel this morning and a tanker driver turned up. This was unwelcome really because I`m the kind of person who says what I think and I feel very very negative towards tanker drivers at the moment. Thus it was a struggle to stop myself arguing with him.....

They really annoy me for three reasons :

1 If I or anyone I know don`t like our jobs or don`t think we`re paid enough we have to go and get another one, simple as. What makes them think they`re so special they don`t have to ?

2 If they go on strike they not only affect their employers they affect every single person in the country one way or another, and that`s simply not fair. And I thought they worked for about 10 different companies, how come they can all be in dispute at the same time ? Isn`t that secondary action, which I thought was illegal ?

3 Isn`t £45,000 a year enough for them ! They`re only bleedin` truck drivers at the end of the day. They`re no more skilled than the bloke who delivers to Tescos, and I bet he`s not on anywhere near £45,000 a year basic !

Has anyone on here been unable to stop themselves arguing with a tanker driver, and what did they reply ?

If you are so offended why not challenge the driver and ask him what his grievence is instead of running to a forum to get the support of the race to the bottom apologists,seems a bit pathetic really:huh:

If you are so offended why not challenge the driver and ask him what his grievence is instead of running to a forum to get the support of the race to the bottom apologists,seems a bit pathetic really:huh:

I`m an idealist* and, I admit, I`m somewhat outspoken, so generally I have to physically prevent myself from opening my mouth to someone, and usually I don`t succeed..... It`s a minor triumph for my self control if I manage it. In fact, I was actually proud of myself for not arguing with him, though to be fair I was short of time and what`s more didn`t think anything constructive would come out of it anyway, though that doesn`t usually stop me I have to say. And I`m not running anywhere. You will note I don`t use an pseudonym, unlike yourself or most others on here, in fact if any tanker driver wants to come and argue with me I`m more than happy to oblige. I`m usually at my shop, on the link below, and if I`m busy I`ll even tell him when he can come back. If one turns up I`ll come on here and tell you what they`ve got to say for themselves.

Thank you.

* That`s why I`m so angry with these tanker drivers who are prepared to make others suffer for something that`s nothing whatsoever to do with them. And that, under any definition you care to use, is unfair.

Are you for real or what, you fight from a position of strength not divided and weak.:roll::loopy::roll::loopy:

They shouldn`t be allowed to instigate secondary action so that, effectively, the dispute is with the general public in that it`s them that suffer as opposed to the direct individual employer. In fact I didn`t think unions were actually allowed to instigate secondary action, so I don`t understand how they`ve been able to get away with it

Didn't each union ballot individually? How is secondary action defined, that would be the key thing.

The companies involved obviously do suffer, it just so happens that the public do as well. That's just tough though, you can't demand that they don't strike just to avoid inconvenience to you.

I`m an idealist* and, I admit, I`m somewhat outspoken, so generally I have to physically prevent myself from opening my mouth to someone, and usually I don`t succeed..... It`s a minor triumph for my self control if I manage it. In fact, I was actually proud of myself for not arguing with him, though to be fair I was short of time and what`s more didn`t think anything constructive would come out of it anyway, though that doesn`t usually stop me I have to say. And I`m not running anywhere. You will note I don`t use an pseudonym, unlike yourself or most others on here, in fact if any tanker driver wants to come and argue with me I`m more than happy to oblige. I`m usually at my shop, on the link below, and if I`m busy I`ll even tell him when he can come back. If one turns up I`ll come on here and tell you what they`ve got to say for themselves.

Thank you.

* That`s why I`m so angry with these tanker drivers who are prepared to make others suffer for something that`s nothing whatsoever to do with them. And that, under any definition you care to use, is unfair.

Wow, this gets more weird by the day...

1..i bet you have great customer relation skills..

2 why would a tanker driver want to go to your shop and argue with you :huh:

Thank you.

Its a pity that you are not outspoken enough to answer questions put to you instead of reporting posts and getting them removed :rolleyes:

Archived