Murdoch press tell it as it is?

The headlines on the Sun newspaper yesterday told of a Spurs footballer cheating on his partner, an X-Factor star. The front page of today's Sun is emblazoned with the news that Jordan is to wed again. Sun readers should be forgiven for believing that nothing much has happened in this country over the last few days. Other newspapers are full of reports from the Leveson Inquiry, corruption in Cameron's cabinet, the resignation of the Culture Secretary's special advisor and consideration of the crumbling Murdoch empire. The Sun seems uninterested in such issues. I hope Sun readers find their news from a more reliable source than the Murdoch outlets.

The headlines on the Sun newspaper yesterday told of a Spurs footballer cheating on his partner, an X-Factor star. The front page of today's Sun is emblazoned with the news that Jordan is to wed again. Sun readers should be forgiven for believing that nothing much has happened in this country over the last few days. Other newspapers are full of reports from the Leveson Inquiry, corruption in Cameron's cabinet, the resignation of the Culture Secretary's special advisor and consideration of the crumbling Murdoch empire. The Sun seems uninterested in such issues. I hope Sun readers find their news from a more reliable source than the Murdoch outlets.

Shock horror, you could blow me down with a gnats fart.

Archived