Workers rights or lack of

me personally have seen the rights of workers getting less and less. i know of jobs having zero hour contracts/ workers not getting holiday pay. feel free to add your own lack of workers rights that may affect you or someone you know

Not getting holiday pay is illegal isn't it ?

Making masses of people redundant in my view is taking away what I consider to be their right to work for starters.:(

No, they still have the same workers rights. Sadly not as many have jobs that should have jobs. Those that are in work still have the same rights.

People who are made redundant do not have a job and so have had their workers rights taken away from them.:D

So you are WRONG!

That must make you feel big and strong.

The last sentence is, as far as I know and as far as you know correct. People still employed have the same rights as they did before.

Actually, once made redundant they have rights and if sacked unfairly, they still have rights to take their employer to a tribunal.

what about employers right???? we have been tied up in red tape for too many years , paying over the odds for workers due to NMW, holiday pay etc etc, wages should be set by market force not legislation !! no wonder there is mass unemployment, companies cant afford to hire more and be competitive as the legislation and the burden of these rights reduces the company profits and inward investment!! no wonder we reduce hours and put people on short time and any company that doesnt have zero hour contracts for staff must have a slate missing!

Archived