Workers rights or lack of

Big and strong?:huh:

Proving you wrong does not make me feel big and strong as it was so easy to do. You are delusional.

Ah a bully ?

You still haven't got anywhere near to finding one single workers right that has been eroded. Lots of bluster about jobs but nothing concrete.

Now you're resulting to insults.

If it was his it would have only been a very small one.:roll:

I don't vote Tory. I don't keep chickens either.

I was trying to find out if the coalition government have taken away employment rights. Not find out if they've cut pensions. Not to find out out if they've cut jobs. Have they cut employment rights.

I don't know. You clearly don't.

I wish I'd googled it.

what about employers right???? we have been tied up in red tape for too many years , paying over the odds for workers due to NMW, holiday pay etc etc, wages should be set by market force not legislation !! no wonder there is mass unemployment, companies cant afford to hire more and be competitive as the legislation and the burden of these rights reduces the company profits and inward investment!! no wonder we reduce hours and put people on short time and any company that doesnt have zero hour contracts for staff must have a slate missing!

Are you saying there should be no NMW? The Govt are telling people they need to save for their retirement and take out pensions. I would imagine there are not many can do that on the NMW, people on more than the NMW are struggling to keep their finances in check.

Are you saying there should be no NMW? The Govt are telling people they need to save for their retirement and take out pensions. I would imagine there are not many can do that on the NMW, people on more than the NMW are struggling to keep their finances in check.

exactly ! there should be no minimum wage, the rate would set itself by market forces, the self employed in the uk & all over the world do that anyway, if an employer pays peanuts he gets monkeys, if he wants the job doing well he pays according to skills. re the pensions yes i agree its hard for all right now, me included! making sure bills and staff get paid, but people need to realise there is no easy solution to all this and this idea of everyone is entitled to the same is crazy, the real world is some "have" and some "have not"...its life! prehaps if some people in the last 15 or so years had saved for penisons instead of buying houses & other things on credit they couldnt afford and relying on house prices to keep rising to fund their borrowings and pension pot?? then maybe we would be in a better position but banging on about workers rights is not helping.

exactly ! there should be no minimum wage, the rate would set itself by market forces, the self employed in the uk & all over the world do that anyway, if an employer pays peanuts he gets monkeys, if he wants the job doing well he pays according to skills. re the pensions yes i agree its hard for all right now, me included! making sure bills and staff get paid, but people need to realise there is no easy solution to all this and this idea of everyone is entitled to the same is crazy, the real world is some "have" and some "have not"...its life! prehaps if some people in the last 15 or so years had saved for penisons instead of buying houses & other things on credit they couldnt afford and relying on house prices to keep rising to fund their borrowings and pension pot?? then maybe we would be in a better position but banging on about workers rights is not helping.

I think you just waffled on and on without thinking or understanding anything you wrote

Archived