High velocity surface to air missiles, great news?

I had to read this twice and I'm truly bemused by the decision to locate high velocity surface to air missiles on the roof of an East London apartment block.

Just to add insult to injury the occupants of these apartments will be host to the army and the police for the duration of the Olympics and their building landlord is trying to pass this off as 'great news'.:hihi:

How would you guys feel if you were living there and had to tolerate this imposition?

Personally I'd be bloody furious, but from a distance this is pure comedy gold.:hihi:

Read all about it:hihi:

I had to read this twice and I'm truly bemused by the decision to locate high velocity surface to air missiles on the roof of an East London apartment block.

Just to add insult to injury the occupants of these apartments will be host to the army and the police for the duration of the Olympics and their building landlord is trying to pass this off as 'great news'.:hihi:

How would you guys feel if you were living there and had to tolerate this imposition?

Personally I'd be bloody furious, but from a distance this is pure comedy gold.:hihi:

Read all about it:hihi:

I wouldn't mind the missiles bit, but I'm easy going. Alot aren't, just look at umpage people take if there's a phone mast anywhere.

I wouldn't be thrilled with a bunch of hairy arsed squaddies camping in my living room for 6 weeks.

I wouldn't mind the missiles bit, but I'm easy going. Alot aren't, just look at umpage people take if there's a phone mast anywhere.

I wouldn't be thrilled with a bunch of hairy arsed squaddies camping in my living room for 6 weeks.[/quote]

Owww, I would....:love:

Are they planning to shoot aircraft down over London?Think of the damage an out of control aircraft could create,it could crash land anywhere.
I imagine the gamble is that smaller pieces of an aircraft potentially cause less damage than a whole aircraft into a packed stadium.

Archived