Pimping your car and the insurance implications.

As vwkittie says, you have to declare everything.

It's a hobby, if someone wants to stick a big spoiler on their car then let them.

Every time I've insured a car I've been asked whether there are any modifications to the car, so if this has not been declared to the insurer that counts as lying to the insurance company, which effectively makes his insurance null and void. Even fitting a retrofitted alarm counts as a modification as far as the insurers are concerned, so anything that makes the car stand out more, handle worse or burn more petrol would definitely be on their list of things that need declaring.

The ridiculous thing is the OP is asking:

What other pimping mods have folks seen that they think could be dangerous and perhaps nullify the insurance cover.

Should I start a thread asking what cars I think are MOT failures because they have a light out etc?

A bizzarre request.

I've modded most of my cars in one way or another, sometimes declared it sometimes not, of the 3 insurance company's I had I already ha the standard cover for the standard car an then added the modifications, thy weren't bothered and apparently added a note about them but my premium never increase or anything...

Archived