Is it time to give the three main parties a kicking?

Bout time we gave BNP or EDL a chance.
If that's who you want to vote for then go for it.

Please don't be upset if I vote for someone who represents my views a little better though.

Protest votes may be great at getting the message across to the establishment, but you're stuck with the consequences if your party wins.

The BNP or EDL has about as much chance of getting in as I have of winning the Lottery, ie none at all.

And besides, if the BNP ever gets in, I and my family will emigrate from the UK, to Australia.

Maybe its time to change the voting system,after all more and more are not voting and politicians are held in contempt.

We had an opportunity to do this, and the British public decided to behave as normal when it comes to politics - vote for the option which will upset the person you hate the most.

As long as we're stuck in the mindset of "I hate the tories being in charge, so I'm voting labour [five years later] I hate labour being in charge, so I'm voting tory" we're never going to change the way Politians work for us. Despite this thread, the vast majority of people will go on election day, "I hate labour, but they're the best bet for getting rid of the tories, so they get my vote".

We had an opportunity to do this, and the British public decided to behave as normal when it comes to politics - vote for the option which will upset the person you hate the most.

As long as we're stuck in the mindset of "I hate the tories being in charge, so I'm voting labour [five years later] I hate labour being in charge, so I'm voting tory" we're never going to change the way Politians work for us. Despite this thread, the vast majority of people will go on election day, "I hate labour, but they're the best bet for getting rid of the tories, so they get my vote".

It didn't really help when certain politicians fought tooth and nail to keep proportional representation off the table and then threw lots of mud at the alternative vote system to confuse people.

Politicians in general do not want the system changing to a fairer one and will fight to keep the system as it is.

In my opinion the AV "no" vote has pretty much destroyed any chance of progress on improving the political system for the next 50 years.

So that's going to be no change for the better and more of the same old MP's hurling insults to entertain and distract the masses while the cabinet makes all the decisions on behalf of big business and the people not getting a look in, for my lifetime then.

Are the public willing to continue to give these double-dipsticks the benefit of a rather large doubt for much longer?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/28/andrew-rawnsley-cameron-osborne-poshness

I know you mean well but what do you suggest the public do..or rather what can the public do ?

Vote 'em for the opposition at every opportunity, starting this Thursday!

You do know its only a local council election this thursday?! :loopy:

The BNP or EDL has about as much chance of getting in as I have of winning the Lottery, ie none at all.

And besides, if the BNP ever gets in, I and my family will emigrate from the UK, to Australia.

Well the NF are picking up votes in France and now Greece has started with the Golden Dawn, wonder which country is next.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/world/2012/04/30/far-right-golden-dawn-worries-greek-mainstream

i am not old enough, but is history repeating itself

That is what is so worrying but at the same time what can you expect in desperate times when the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer and immigration is out of control. Just look at the bankers execs getting upwards of £26,000,000.

Archived