Is it time to give the three main parties a kicking?

That's why I think There should be a 'non of the above' box on every ballot paper. At least then they might be able to measure public discontent.

Incidently, there's probably never been a better time for standing as an independent.

I have often suggested that nobody be elected until a good % of the electorate (not voters) have voted for them. This first past the post farce means anyone can be elected if they get the only vote cast. In Sheffield Labour rarely get more than 25% of the electorate voting for them but they get to control the city. It's laughable. That is NOT a mandate. In my view a mandate is when more than half the electorate support you. Then you can say you have the support of the majority. Labour run this council for a minority and that pretty sums up why we are where we are.

You do know the rest of that poem, do you? I'm not sure that it quite conveys the sentiment that you (or Rawnsley) wish it to. It's about duty and refusing to give up when all the cowards and self-servers have run away .. :)

The boy stood on the burning deck

Whence all but he had fled

Yet beautiful and bright he stood,

As born to rule the storm;

A creature of heroic blood,

A proud though childlike form.

:hihi:

You do know the rest of that poem, do you? I'm not sure that it quite conveys the sentiment that you (or Rawnsley) wish it to. It's about duty and refusing to give up when all the cowards and self-servers have run away .. :)

The boy stood on the burning deck

Whence all but he had fled

Yet beautiful and bright he stood,

As born to rule the storm;

A creature of heroic blood,

A proud though childlike form.

:hihi:

How about:

The boys stood on the burning deck

drinking copious amounts of champagne

Osborne says to Smarmy Dave

Oh look we've caused a recession again!

How about:

The boys stood on the burning deck

drinking copious amounts of champagne

Osborne says to Smarmy Dave

Oh look we've caused a recession again!

I thought Cameron looked a bit careworn this morning, I put it down to the cares of office, but perhaps it was just the effects of copious champagne? :)

Archived