Mixed race and the "One Drop Rule"

I can tell the difference between a Chinese and a Japanese and I can tell a Vietnamese from both of them

I am sure I have said this before on here, but I was in the car of a Pakistani friend when we went past the Northern General Hospital and a load of foreign workers crossed the road, hard hats on ect, and I said something like 'All those Indians must be working on the Hospital new build'.

My friend turned at me with a degree of amazement and said 'Can you tell the difference between Pakistani's and Indians?'.

'Of course' I told him, 'I like Indians'. :hihi:

I am sure I have said this before on here, but I was in the car of a Pakistani friend when we went past the Northern General Hospital and a load of foreign workers crossed the road, hard hats on ect, and I said something like 'All those Indians must be working on the Hospital new build'.

My friend turned at me with a degree of amazement and said 'Can you tell the difference between Pakistani's and Indians?'.

'Of course' I told him, 'I like Indians'. :hihi:

Ethnically Indians and Pakistanis are the same divided only be religious beliefs.

A Sikh Hindu is easily identifiable by the type of turban he wears. That would be known in England but not always here. A Hindu was killed just after 9/11 by a gunman who mistook him for a Muslim

Ethnically Indians and Pakistanis are the same divided only be religious beliefs.

A Sikh Hindu is easily identifiable by the type of turban he wears. That would be known in England but not always here. A Hindu was killed just after 9/11 by a gunman who mistook him for a Muslim

Sikhism and Hinduism are two different religions, aren't they?

Or , we can all stop all this what race are you nonsense . We are all the human race ! When we have forms to fill in with an ethnicity element , our family crosses out the racial boxes and writes 'irrelevant '

Too simplistic, life is not as 'black and white' as you suggest :)

I never and have never filled out the race forms, I think its all rubbish.

Or , we can all stop all this what race are you nonsense . We are all the human race ! When we have forms to fill in with an ethnicity element , our family crosses out the racial boxes and writes 'irrelevant '

Paradoxically the reason you give for not ticking the boxes is the very reason they are there. How would we know if there was discrimination without looking at the stats for access to, for example, jobs and public services...

Paradoxically the reason you give for not ticking the boxes is the very reason they are there. How would we know if there was discrimination without looking at the stats for access to, for example, jobs and public services...

but then people get hung up on trying to appear to not discriminate e.g. 'we don;t have any black people working for us lets hire some'

maybe no black people applied for the job. That then leads into reverse discrimination where you aren't actually just taking the best person for the job in a bid to appear non racist.

but then people get hung up on trying to appear to not discriminate e.g. 'we don;t have any black people working for us lets hire some'

maybe no black people applied for the job. That then leads into reverse discrimination where you aren't actually just taking the best person for the job in a bid to appear non racist.

As Frank says, the only way to monitor that is to record it. It's done conifdentially and the information is held separately from the application form etc.

Archived