What have the condems done for you

Well they all say that they are in politics for the good of their community (whether you agree with them, or their policies is another matter). Notwithstanding, here's my list:

John Mann MP; Peter Tapsell MP; Carloine Lucas MP; Tom Watson and Simon Hughes Mp

Dennis Skinner?

I think the changes they have made today in the way care home charges are calculated is an improvement.

The threshold before any charges are made has been raised from £23K to £123K. and the maximum a person should pay is £75K.

The downside is that "hotel charges" will be charged and the changes do not come in until 2017.

Anyone in a modest sized house, valued below £123K, should not need o sell it to pay the charges and if one has no savings then the state pays.

I think the changes they have made today in the way care home charges are calculated is an improvement.

The threshold before any charges are made has been raised from £23K to £123K. and the maximum a person should pay is £75K.

The downside is that "hotel charges" will be charged and the changes do not come in until 2017.

Anyone in a modest sized house, valued below £123K, should not need o sell it to pay the charges and if one has no savings then the state pays.

no they will have to sell it to pay the hotel charges instead :hihi:

---------- Post added 11-02-2013 at 20:44 ----------

Why do I keep reading this thread as 'What have condoms ever done for you?'
get some glasses:hihi:

so you knock labour for increasing the burden yet think its ok that the condems are increasing the burden:loopy:

Where do I say that its ok for the coalition to increase the burden?

I merely pointed out that Labour are supposed to be the working mans party, aren't they? Not only did they embrace the duty but they increased it.

Its easy for Ed Balls to oppose the increases now but his party had thirteen years to reduce the burden. He's nothing but an opportunist and hypocrit.

Archived