Please can anyone help - emergency wedding party venue??

My sister and her partner of 15 yrs finally decided to take the plunge and get married and we are off to Gretna tues for their wedding on weds. They were having a reception on Friday evening at the ski village which actually burnt down last night!!! She now has 120 guests, food for the buffet, but no venue. She's absolutely heartbroken but doesn't want to have it in a working mans club or somewhere scruffy! Can anyone offer any sensible suggestions that don't cost the earth as they have obviously lost money already! Are there any kind venue owners who would appreciate the bar take who would let us bring the buffet.??? It's Friday 4th we need it for!! Can anyone please help us???

Old rectory at handsworth. Don valley stadium has a function room at the back that might work. See if any of the hotels (novotel, holiday inn, hilton) have any last minute availability. Bradfield village hall is rather nice.

I'm almost positive the first and last on that list will let you do your own food, not sure on the rest.

it would probably be more helpful if people either confirmed the venue is capable of hosting 120 people for merriment, or even better, only posted if they KNOW the venue is available for that night, else this thread is only as useful as the yellow pages

given that the staff at the ski village can't be particularly busy right now, you'd think somebody would be making phone calls to do some damage limitation - including finding alternative venues to offer clients when they ring up to officially cancel events they've got booked in

... don't tell me they did all this in a paper diary that's now a heap of cinders. If so, that should have been in a fireproof safe, but in this day and age it should be on an off site server

Not in a working mens club...or somewhere scruffy?

Does that imply that working mens clubs are scruffy.:loopy:

Not many of them left I know, but those remaining compare favourably to Ski Village..that was.

Trying to be helpful now.....

Have you tried the Hillsborough Club (ex HWMC)

They have a private function room. Recently modernised, disabled access, not far from Ski Village.

http://www.hillsboroughclub.co.uk/

My sister and her partner of 15 yrs finally decided to take the plunge and get married and we are off to Gretna tues for their wedding on weds. They were having a reception on Friday evening at the ski village which actually burnt down last night!!! She now has 120 guests, food for the buffet, but no venue. She's absolutely heartbroken but doesn't want to have it in a working mans club or somewhere scruffy! Can anyone offer any sensible suggestions that don't cost the earth as they have obviously lost money already! Are there any kind venue owners who would appreciate the bar take who would let us bring the buffet.??? It's Friday 4th we need it for!! Can anyone please help us???

Let us know how they get on

Oh dear. That's not good. However, now you can be sure that you'll have a great atmosphere wherever it is, as everyone will pull together and value the most important things of the day, like the happy couple.

Why not phone in Radio Sheffield? Someone with a venue free may hear, and it will also make the boring show a bit more interesting too.

Archived