South Yorkshire- cannabis manufacturing capital of UK

Oh dear, What a misleading thread title.I thought it was going to be some good news for a change.

This is good news.

South Yorkshire growers export cannabis for hard currency which is then spent in our local economy.

A steel worker may buy a pasty.

A labour lackey may buy a pasty.

A person on benefits might even buy a pasty.

And now, a cannabis grower might buy a pasty, increasing aggregate demand, driving the trade machine forwards and creating wealth and prosperity for all.

The cannabis grower might even pay tax upon a pasty and help to reduce the national debt.

The UK has a trade deficit, we need to start exporting goods to close the gap. And the growers of South Yorkshire are stepping up to meet the challenge.

I don't quite know why chem1st is celebrating this fact - all those houses that are being used to grow cannabis could be used for homeless people instead. What a moral dilemma for him.

Cannabis factories often have people living in them. There is nothing to stop man and plant co-exisiting. A tax on cannabis could be used to build affordable housing...

This is good news.

Erm, but you have been dreaming of what you hope "could be".. not.. what is.

It wasn't good news hearing a senior police officer speaking on Radio Sheffield this morning about the number of arrests in Sheffield in the past twelve months for cannabis crime. :o

If you wish for change i suggest you vote for the Lib Dems at the next election,you never know they might have a chance?

Erm, but you have been dreaming of what you hope "could be" not what is.

It wasn't good news hearing a senior police officer speaking on Radio Sheffield this morning about the number of arrests in Sheffield in the past twelve months for cannabis crime. :o

Agree entirely, there should have been zero arrests.

You need to have a few arrests, otherwise everybody would be at it and the price would drop.

Indeed! The last people who want a change in the law are dealers.

Yes but something has to be done when people are caught breaking the law,otherwise the Police wouldn't be doing their job properly.

My point was that it should not be against the law.

Archived