Pubs struggling or closing in Sheffield

JournJohn

I'm working on a story about pubs closure in Sheffield because of the change in the beer taxes and the economical crisis. I have already talked with CAMRA but it would be important to talk with someone from a pub which is actually struggling to survive or has closed in the last 6 months. If any of you have any information or contact that could help me, I will be very grateful. Thank you!

I'm working on a story about pubs closure in Sheffield because of the change in the beer taxes and the economical crisis. I have already talked with CAMRA but it would be important to talk with someone from a pub which is actually struggling to survive or has closed in the last 6 months. If any of you have any information or contact that could help me, I will be very grateful. Thank you!

Try talking to someone from Punch/Enterprise/or their idiot bankers, that lent them billions of pounds they'll never be able to pay back. Or maybe Tesco's, Sainsbury's or some of the other retailers that have been selling alcohol as a loss leader. I think you will find that these companies have had a far more detrimental impact on struggling pubs than changes in taxation and the current economic climate.

Archived