Sad people ripping people off with faulty dysons

Not sure what this thread is doing on the Sheffield Discussions site but here are my comments about Dyson.

Many years ago I bought a Dyson DC01 which lasted until last December. Having been happy with a Dyson for for many years I had no hesitation in buying another Dyson to replace it, what a mistake it had a very loud and very annoying high pitched whistle. I called Dyson customer service with my problems and they were very good sending out a replacement part which they said would solve the problem. When that did not work they sent out an engineer who did what he had been told to do by his supervisor but told me he thought it would not solve the the problem and it did not. He then recommended I took it back to where I had bought and ask for a refund. Before taking it back I once again called customer service to see what their reaction was and they confirmed what the engineer said, take it back.

I talked to my friends and searched the internet for recommendations and decided to buy a Sebo. I have had the new cleaner since Jan and I can honestly say it is certainly better built and has a better performance than the Malaysian built Dyson I sent back.

Dysons are just ridiculously expensive. The original ones which were made in Malden I think were pretty good, but since nice Mr Dyson sold out all his workers in the UK and shipped the operation overseas, the product has suffered immensely.

Archived