The Daily Shambles, or what news of Tory cock-ups today

Can we legally go to another country on the orders of a court to recover somebody to the UK? If thought that sort of thing was known as rendition?

It's not rendition as we would understand it given recent events. Most likely a return to the UK on a commercial flight.

Can we legally go to another country on the orders of a court to recover somebody to the UK? If thought that sort of thing was known as rendition?

It's rendition if we do it against his will. Being ordered to go there and let him know that he is entitled to return, is something else altogether.

Seems we can't go a day before them screwing something up.

Theresa May illegally deported asylum seeker, ordered to track him down and bring him back to the UK

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/30/theresa-may-deported-asylum-seeker?newsfeed=true

Boris turns the air blue

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9237110/Boris-Johnson-swears-on-TV-over-questions-about-News-Corp.html

Don't worry she'll try and brush it off onto some fall guy just like relaxing queueing at airports last year and this year's Qatada affair. It seems to be a commonality with this government.

So the legal basis for offering asylum to citizens of ECHR signatories is what exactly? If there is one then ECHR is a joke and needs to go.

I would check with the judge that made today's order against May's department. The law has been broken it would seem ;)

I would check with the judge that made today's order against May's department. The law has been broken it would seem ;)

The judge who was a founding member of Matrix Chambers? Whose career has been built like Ms Booths/Mrs Blairs on defending terrorists by ECHR loopholes and sueing her husbands government in a very convenient profitable circle? That's the judge you want me to ask?

Lets ask Mr Singh. Lets ask him how impartial he actually is. Because looking at his CV i wouldn't let him judge if I'd given the cats equal portions of food let alone anything of importance.

So the legal basis for offering asylum to citizens of ECHR signatories is what exactly? If there is one then ECHR is a joke and needs to go.

The same as it is for citizens of anywhere else. If their life is at risk by being returned home, they shall be granted asylum.

"Life is at risk" covers torture, among other things; it doesn't explicitly have to mean that they would be killed.

The same as it is for citizens of anywhere else. If their life is at risk by being returned home, they shall be granted asylum.

"Life is at risk" covers torture, among other things; it doesn't explicitly have to mean that they would be killed.

So would it not be sensible if their life is genuinely at risk to give them temporary asylum while they are moved to Belgium to bring their case and then demand the fellow signatory come into line with their treaty obligations? Or is it more fun to continue pretending Turkey is a civilised country where the ECHR hold legal sway, which on paper it does?

The judge who was a founding member of Matrix Chambers? Whose career has been built like Ms Booths/Mrs Blairs on defending terrorists by ECHR loopholes and sueing her husbands government in a very convenient profitable circle? That's the judge you want me to ask?

Lets ask Mr Singh. Lets ask him how impartial he actually is. Because looking at his CV i wouldn't let him judge if I'd given the cats equal portions of food let alone anything of importance.

We know your views on Mr Justice Singh. What about Mr Justice Lloyd Jones?

Two judges, not one. Mr Justice Lloyd Jones refused May's request to set this aside.

Archived