Anyone know anything about saabs

Hi. Don't know if I'm in the right Place but seen as I'm doing this on my fone I couldn't find a dedicated group. We have a Saab 9 3. Today the aircondition fans can on by them selfs and started blowing uncontrollably. We couldn't get them to stop even when the key was taken out. This inevetably caused the battery to drain and needed a jump start. Anybody got any ideas what is causing this and what the resolution may be. Any suggestions would be greatfully Recieved. Thanks:confused:

I don't know, but I know a man who will...

Get yourself (and the car) down to Phil Smith on East Coast Road.

http://www.findmeagarage.co.uk/south-yorkshire/phil-smith-saab

I've had several SAABs looked after by Phil and his son and they've always had my cars running perfectly and reliably, and without charging dealer prices.

On one occasion my elderly 9000 refused to start after parking out in the Peak District for lunch out, and we had to be recovered back by an AA truck. The AA guy reckoned that it was the timing belt or ECU which had gone (both of which I think were just guesses) but the car didn't run at all and so Phil could have told me it was all sorts of problems as long as he'd got her running again. It was the rotor arm, costing a fiver to get sorted, and that's just what he told me :)

Hi. Don't know if I'm in the right Place but seen as I'm doing this on my fone I couldn't find a dedicated group. We have a Saab 9 3. Today the aircondition fans can on by them selfs and started blowing uncontrollably. We couldn't get them to stop even when the key was taken out. This inevetably caused the battery to drain and needed a jump start. Anybody got any ideas what is causing this and what the resolution may be. Any suggestions would be greatfully Recieved. Thanks:confused:

try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes the ecu on this model can cause trouble, disconnecting the battery can very often clear faults.My daughters 93 had a problem with the central locking the dealers wanted £700 including two new keys to cure the fault was cured and has run perfectly for the last two years .

I don't know, but I know a man who will...

Get yourself (and the car) down to Phil Smith on East Coast Road.

http://www.findmeagarage.co.uk/south-yorkshire/phil-smith-saab

I've had several SAABs looked after by Phil and his son and they've always had my cars running perfectly and reliably, and without charging dealer prices.

On one occasion my elderly 9000 refused to start after parking out in the Peak District for lunch out, and we had to be recovered back by an AA truck. The AA guy reckoned that it was the timing belt or ECU which had gone (both of which I think were just guesses) but the car didn't run at all and so Phil could have told me it was all sorts of problems as long as he'd got her running again. It was the rotor arm, costing a fiver to get sorted, and that's just what he told me :)

Out of interest rotor arms are not fitted to modern ignition systems.

try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes the ecu on this model can cause trouble, disconnecting the battery can very often clear faults.My daughters 93 had a problem with the central locking the dealers wanted £700 including two new keys to cure the fault was cured and has run perfectly for the last two years .

Or changing it

In my experience, 9-3's suffer all manner of funky faults when the battery won't hold a full charge.

Mine did anyway!

Weren't 9000's fitted with the Saab Direct system..it has ignition coils rather than a distributor I think..

Then maybe I'm mistaken and it was the 99 rather than one of the 9000s that I have owned that this happened in. I have been a serial SAAB owner over the years...

I'm sure that Phil could tell you which one it was though- his memory for what he has done to any car is pretty impressive.

Archived