Are we at the begining /middle/end

as a pointer to mr camerons remarks on the global economy/europe/housing climate/, do you believe were at the begining/ the middle/or the end/ we have had this bad situation since april 2008 which is 4 yrs as now, is this how its going to be forever, how do we come out of this mess, i dont think the uk has seen a 4 yr recession has it?

China is killing just about every market. Every market is copied and produced under a cheap workforce. The situation will not change until the cost of living in China outstrips the UK. Since that is unlikely to happen anytime, let alone in the near future, and China is buying up international businesses at an alarming rate, which it lets stagnate, move to china and just keep prices high over here, it's very unlikely we will recover. I suspect the only way out will be war ... do or die.

The technical recession was 5 quarters. The rest is the after effects of cutbacks which according to previous recession lasted 2.5 years. As this one is worse with the new provisional figures stating we are back in reccession, it could take a while yet. Although there is conflicting figures from other sources. My own personal view, after having lived through a few recessions, is that a pattern emerges. What the banks do with less lending etc, is what they also did in previous recessions and is not unique to this one.I think at the end of this year there might be some more positive news.

However in this multi-media world most news is bad news, thats not going to suddenly end.

Guest sibon

We are at the end. But not in the way that the OP meant.

From here on, economics must change. We can't rely on the market to distribute wealth any more than we can rely on Government to do the same thing. Equally, it is inconceivable that we can enjoy continuous economic growth. We must all get used to having less, earning less and working less. Not necessarily a bad thing.

The times really are a changing.

Archived