Ridiculous queues at Woodseats Sorting Office

Went to collect a parcel yesterday and had to wait an hour in the queue. A guy in the queue said this was the second time he'd had to wait for an hour in a matter of days, and said he had complained to Royal Mail. Is this the norm then there?

Or do what I do- face the fact that Royal Mail are a total joke, who are utterly incapable of shifting an item from one place to another with any reasonable degree of competency and with no understanding of customer service.

Use them only as a last resort, and, wherever possible, get packages done via next day delivery with a proper courier- it may cost extra, but generally it's worth it if it saves having to queue for an hour or more to get your hands on your own property.

And this is in no way a critisism of the actual postmen/women, who, on the whole, do a very good job under the circumstances.

Do what I do. I never go and que up. Just get the item re-delivered on a day you know you/somebody else is going to be in. Just go on the RM website, very easy to do.

It is very easy to do, but my domestic and work circumstances don't always allow me that option. I'm sure it's the case with others too. However, I've never waited more than 15 minutes at Woodseats, but they could do with covering over a section of the walkway leading up to the collection office. The room is tiny and sometimes the queue is out of the door in all weathers.

Went to collect a parcel yesterday and had to wait an hour in the queue. A guy in the queue said this was the second time he'd had to wait for an hour in a matter of days, and said he had complained to Royal Mail. Is this the norm then there?

Yes, it's the norm. I avoid the place like the plague, an utter shambles.

I rang to complain about the lack of staff to deal with customer needs and was asked "How many people would you like us to hire?" You can imagine that the conversation went downhill pretty rapidly after that.

I've just let parcels go back under the dist selling regs and claim the money back rather than go to that hellish place. I now avoid ordering from any company that uses Royal Mail for delivery.

just wanna say i have spent hours in the queues at woodseats sorting office,

i have noticed when the people behind the counter go to look for your parcel they are spotted outside with cuppa and fag in hand or just chin wagging with other employees of royal mail.

total joke!!!!!!!!!!

ps, thumbs up to the postmen/women, you do a good job :thumbsup:

I have to go and pick up stuff from there quite often but it only seems to be recently that the queues have been massive. There sometimes used to be a queue of half a dozen in the office but the last few times I've been it's been right outside the door and halfway down the path. Maybe it's something to do with the new delivery routes/times which they introduced recently?

They're useless - rude staff, massive queues and they rarely actually find your parcel in under 2 minutes. The Royal Mail are a perfect argument for privatisation.

The postal service is part of the country's infrastructure and is definitely something which should never, ever be privatised. But I get the feeling the government are running it down by increasing queues at Woodseats delivery office :D so that they can then turn around and say it's inefficient and ought to be privatised.

I'm sure the staff there do their best in difficult conditions.