Ridiculous queues at Woodseats Sorting Office

A couple of things you probably don't realise

1 Woodseats sorting office has one of the largest postal areas in Sheffield, yet the building is one of the smallest(.for the number if households).

2. They have just undertaken a review, so at the moment this is considered as their " learning curve".

These reviews aren't wanted by many but they should eventually make the service better ( until it is privatised then watch out).

The reviews are nationwide, so people harking on about wanting early deliveries back have to realise that posties cannot leave the delivery offices until the last van has brought mail to them and it has been sorted. So most posties now leave between 9 & 10am, not around 7am as before.

Whenever I have had to collect from there I have never waited more than about 15 mins.

I agree some conversations should not be overheard, but unfortunately it is a workplace and the same can be said about many shops, pubs etc.

Does the review include canvassing the opinions of Woodseats Sorting Office, as I haven't been asked?

Does the review include canvassing the opinions of Woodseats Sorting Office, as I haven't been asked?

A review in this instance, is a review of all the "walks", using a nationally agreed formula.

Hence all postal districts, in time, will all have posties out on delivery after 9-10am, not as previously 7-8am.

But Woodseats had the added problem of having outgrown the building in which it operates from.

Royal Mail has asked many times over the years if it could move out of the building, but unfortunatley many businesses do not want to travel to collect their mail. Same with Dore that is also too small for purpose but the businesses and householders say they are not prepared to travel.

It was put forward a while ago that Woodseats and Dore merged in a building halfway between both current delivery offices, but guess what the people at Dore / Totley did not want their postcode area in the same building as Woodseats.

Oh no not S17 in with 7 & 8, whatever next !!

Snobs

I'm sure the employees at Woodseats are doing their best with the facilities/systems/management they have to put up with, but I don't think we can blame any reviews currently underway as I've lived in this area for 39 years now and it's always been a similar experience when collecting parcels.

They're useless - rude staff, massive queues and they rarely actually find your parcel in under 2 minutes. The Royal Mail are a perfect argument for privatisation.

They have to look through hundreds of parcels to find yours, that's why it doesn't take 2 mins!!

Guest sibon
They have to look through hundreds of parcels to find yours, that's why it doesn't take 2 mins!!

I have to look through hundreds of products to find the tinned tomatoes in Sainsburys.

Thank goodness they have a logical system for arranging their goods.

Oh of course you never have to queue at Argos !!!!

At Christmas you don't have to queue to buy then a bigger queue to collect,it's great.

I went to the Angel St one and The Moor one just before Christmas and I was amazed how quickly they were going. Strangely enough, I've never been asked how big my parcel is before it appears, I presume they have a more efficient system.