Conservatives protecting Murdoch again?

I think that is the fear Jim - what Murdoch knows and what he can do to people. The Tories seem to be the most frightened at the moment and no doubt Murdoch could cause real damage to all the parties. It's probably a case of who can be damaged the most.

If the FBI start taking a really close look at things in relationship to their Foreign and Corrupt Practices Act, Murdoch will be fondly looking back to the days when he was only in trouble in the UK.

Not forgetting that the same practices of phone hacking are said to have been going on in the USA, and there has already been calls for an inquiry other there also.

I think they were just waiting for the out come of what happened here and then there will be questions that need answering again, only this time the Americans have teeth and the stomach to hold Murdock to a proper account for what has been going on, unlike us here who are still divided which side of the fence they should be on.

I think that will be the day Cameron and the conservatives truly cut their ties with him when the American inquiry is announced, or maybe just before after the tip off.

Mod Note

Please note that deliberate misspellings of names may be satisfying, but some of our users use screen readers to read these forums and they cannot make sense of them.

Please try to restrain yourselves and use proper names.

Which still doesn't correct the extant issue, even if you childishly remove my post prompting you. Or is this a further case of impartial moderation?

• Murdoch was fine with Labour while he was supporting them. When The Sun urged people to vote Tory, Brown decided they didn't like them any more.

• This is all an attempt to clamp down on the press in general. Can't have many more exposures about MPs fiddling their expenses, can we?

• And for a bunch of nondescript politicians to describe a bloke who, whatever his faults, has built a global media empire as 'not fit for purpose' takes the biscuit. At least he's had a job in the real world, not slithered up the greasy pole like all politicians do.

Archived