7 held over terrorism funding

Our Somalian friends using the UK as a drug transhipment base to fund their islamist terrorism, how charming.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gYG0yZHjyplWy1N8xtOmyny8Oc-Q?docId=B24442981335863723A000

Seven held over terrorism funding

(UKPA) – 4 hours ago

Seven people were arrested, including in London, on suspicion of funding terrorism, Scotland Yard said.

Officers from the Metropolitan Police counter-terrorism command arrested six men and a woman at four addresses in London, Coventry and Cardiff.

They are all being held at a central London police station on suspicion of being concerned in the funding of a terrorist organisation and laundering the proceeds of crime for that purpose.

All seven were arrested under the Terrorism Act 2000 as part of a pre-planned, intelligence-led operation, into suspected fundraising for terrorism overseas, Scotland Yard said.

These included a 45-year-old woman and a 49-year-old man in Croydon; two men aged 30 and 47 in Brent; two men aged 42 and 45 in Coventry; and a 40-year-old man in Cardiff.

Homeland Security Investigations in America and officers from the UK's counter terrorism network, the UK Border Agency (UKBA) and local forces were also involved in the operation, Scotland Yard said.

The arrests were part of an investigation into a network suspected of illegally exporting the stimulant khat, which is legal in the UK, to the US and Canada where it is a controlled substance, police said.

A further seven residential addresses in London, Worthing, and Coventry, and a business premises in Coventry are also being searched, but there have been no arrests at these sites.

The Enemy Within. Their apologists won't be nowhere to be seen on this thread though except to post links to the EDL or BNP and state the usual, "whatabout"....

So the actions of a few represent the majority? :roll:

The Enemy Within. Their apologists won't be nowhere to be seen on this thread though except to post links to the EDL or BNP and state the usual, "whatabout"....

You're behind the times, Frank. It's UKIP that's the new enemy within with its links to Breivik. But as people do like to be kept up to date with the latest BNP arrests they can look here http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/news/. It includes the BNP member arrested on Tottenham Court Road last week for threatening to blow up part of London. Terrorism and all that. Send him back.

You're behind the times, Frank. It's UKIP that's the new enemy within with its links to Breivik. But as people do like to be kept up to date with the latest BNP arrests they can look here http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/news/. It includes the BNP member arrested on Tottenham Court Road last week for threatening to blow up part of London. Terrorism and all that. Send him back.

Hook, line and sinker....:hihi:

UKIP? The enemy within, you are funny...:hihi:

PS I wonder if anyone has ever clicked on your links, I doubt it...

Have I been writing in invisible ink that's only visible to you? I can't see where I've written anything like that. But you've proved my point, so thanks for that...

I'm popping out and I know what direction this thread will go, the usual of they all have the same intention etc etc so thought I would get my post in early. :)

I'm popping out and I know what direction this thread will go, the usual of they all have the same intention etc etc so thought I would get my post in early. :)

Me too, have a good evening young man, and don't do anything I wouldn't do...:D

Archived