False Impressions or Say What You Think ?

When meeting people for the first time are you the type of person who would give a false impression as to who you really are, would you try to disguise your character by speaking in a ' Posh ' voice ?

Whenever I have met someone whether it be in business or social, I have never attempted to hide my true character and have made it clear to the person(s) in question that I am one who speaks his mind.......if there's something that I see or hear that I don't like or approve of I will let that person (s) know.

The majority of people I've met have said that they prefer a person who does speak their mind as they know where they stand with them, whilst other's seem taken a-back by your honesty and therefore cease to contact you again.

Judging by the number of people who have viewed this post, and no-one has made a comment it seems the answer speaks for itself........... people do not portray themselves as they really are. It is said that ' honesty is the best policy ' so why do people put on false airs and graces ?

I never act any different to how I really am, you'd never be able to live up to it long term, and if someone doesn't like me for how I am then I honestly couldn't care less. I do think honesty is usually the best policy, but sometimes its best to keep your mouth shut, whether that's to save someones feelings or just because it would make you look bad.

I never act any different to how I really am, you'd never be able to live up to it long term, and if someone doesn't like me for how I am then I honestly couldn't care less. I do think honesty is usually the best policy, but sometimes its best to keep your mouth shut, whether that's to save someones feelings or just because it would make you look bad.

You said on FB you hated men who liked peas and mash :D :D

It depends who the person is.

If I am attending an important job interview, I won't let them know straight away that I'm a heavy class A drug user and partake in swinging.

Why not? They might like that type of thing.

Archived