The search for bin laden

You mean it isn't? How did tha get over there without falling off the edge?:hihi::hihi:

I flew over in an airplane. It landed just before it reached the edge. If it had been a ship it wouldn't have been able to stop in time

Wasn't there a picture in thee paper? albeit a blurry naff one, but I can't be 100% on that.

Perhaps images are being held back for fear of repercussions from Al qaeda, they have already promised attacks on nations because of his assasination haven't they?

There were probably two reasons why the photo wasnt released . First bin Laden was no longer recognisable or second it was deemed unwise due to the reaction of many Muslims who while not members of Al Qaeda may have held him in esteem to some extent

Photos can sometimes stir violent reactions so no sense in kicking the hornets nest so to speak. It's dodgy enough already.

As for burial at sea? Better than burial at a known location. Why create a shrine?

The only thing that amazed me was that they managed to do a DNA test within an hour to confirm who he was. That was done aboard a ship as well and not a DNA testing lab.

Even with accelerated testing it should have taken several hours, 24 if done normal and 8 is about the fastest even with large amounts of DNA.

To be honest, I think he died a while ago and the US needed to keep his profile active in order to carry on with their fight against the terrorism they and its allies created.

The only thing that amazed me was that they managed to do a DNA test within an hour to confirm who he was. That was done aboard a ship as well and not a DNA testing lab.

Even with accelerated testing it should have taken several hours, 24 if done normal and 8 is about the fastest even with large amounts of DNA.

To be honest, I think he died a while ago and the US needed to keep his profile active in order to carry on with their fight against the terrorism they and its allies created.

Rubbish ! The rise of Islamic extremism dates back to the 1970s with the return of the Aaytollah Khomenei to Iran after exile in France. Even then he was referring to America and the west in general as the Great Satan.

There was an attempt before 9/11 to blow up the world trade center, the Pan Am Lockerbie aircraft bombing, the USS Cole bombing and various other acts in different parts of the world.

They really worked hard to get the west to realize that it was facing an ongoing war against Islamic Holy War extremists and now they're reaping the whirlwind.

Al Qaeda has been seriously weakened and splintered but it's currently attempting to exploit the situation in Egypt and Syria so far without much success. It is however active in Yemen and the fight against the Taleban still far from over.

It will take a lot more drones and a lot more intelligence gathering before the last of these termites have been eradicated

Too bad the Brits couldn't catch him, the thread would have been totally different ...anyhow I do think he's alive and waiting for free housing and benefits in England , what more could someone ask for :love:

Too bad the Brits couldn't catch him, the thread would have been totally different ...anyhow I do think he's alive and waiting for free housing and benefits in England , what more could someone ask for :love:

I'd like that and I was born in Sheffield and the b****rs make me work and pay rent:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived