Texting whilst driving

lets face it most of the idiots have a bird in the cavity there brian should reside in.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Quite true, there are no reasons that are acceptable to use a mobile while driving and wearing a seatbelt is compulsory for the simple reason that in 9 times out of ten they save lives. OH and I were in a crash in which the fire brigade were expecting to find us seriously injured or dead. Wearing a seat belt meant we both walked away with the most serious injury was a very small cut on OHs head and we both had whiplash. The car was L- shaped and wheel of juggernaut ripped drivers side to pieces

The punishment is not large enough, maybe a £1000 fine and the removal of your car and license till the fine has been paid off in full would make people realise the error of their ways. I'm cross because some git came rather too close for comfort pulling out of makro and almost hitting me, so obviously engrossed in his phone i noticed

Or a £1000 fine and 12 points.

That would cost you your licence for a while and I've no doubt your insurance company would have something to say to you when you came to re-insure a car.

(Why should I, or other responsible drivers have to pay extra into the pool you - who won't follow the rules about using a phone when driving - take out from? - I object to paying an additional fee to cover the insurance costs of people who think they're above the law.)

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Quite true, there are no reasons that are acceptable to use a mobile while driving and wearing a seatbelt is compulsory for the simple reason that in 9 times out of ten they save lives. OH and I were in a crash in which the fire brigade were expecting to find us seriously injured or dead. Wearing a seat belt meant we both walked away with the most serious injury was a very small cut on OHs head and we both had whiplash. The car was L- shaped and wheel of juggernaut ripped drivers side to pieces

IM due a laugh,show us where you got your figures from?

The fact is even if seat belts were a danger who do you think would stick their neck out and say it in the bullying world we live in?

They would be out of their job within hours.

IM due a laugh,show us where you got your figures from?

The fact is even if seat belts were a danger who do you think would stick their neck out and say it in the bullying world we live in?

They would be out of their job within hours.

You can't really dispute the fact (well you can but the figures are well documented if you'd care to look) that they have saved the lives of thousands of individuals.

Weigh that up against incidents where they may have been responsible for a person dying as a result of wearing one and it is clear, that wearing one is more likely to keep you alive than kill you.

Those that choose not to wear one for whatever reason are welcome to do so.

Should they choose to be doubly stupid and text at the same time that is also up to them but as mundane as it might seem, at some point, they really need to take responsibility not just for themselves but for others.

You can't really dispute the fact (well you can but the figures are well documented if you'd care to look) that they have saved the lives of thousands of individuals.

Weigh that up against incidents where they may have been responsible for a person dying as a result of wearing one and it is clear, that wearing one is more likely to keep you alive than kill you.

Those that choose not to wear one for whatever reason are welcome to do so.

Should they choose to be doubly stupid and text at the same time that is also up to them but as mundane as it might seem, at some point, they really need to take responsibility not just for themselves but for others.

Figures of what? I didnt realise there was any comparison figures?

I bet you havnt even seen any figures never mind understood them if you had.

just a soap box post without substance and very sheep like.

Figures of what? I didnt realise there was any comparison figures?

I bet you havnt even seen any figures never mind understood them if you had.

just a soap box post without substance and very sheep like.

Thats because you never look intent as you seem to be in disputing the fact that safety belts are an effective measure in reducing serious injury and death.

Thats because you never look intent as you seem to be in disputing the fact that safety belts are an effective measure in reducing serious injury and death.

Seat belts can indeed be a helpful device in SOME accidents but not in others and i know, not from figures but first hand.