Are you going to vote or spoil your paper?

Voting or spoiling  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Voting or spoiling

• I'm voting
    • I'm spoiling
    • I'm not bothering at all

Voting. My local Lib Dem councillor works tirelessly for my area and the least I can do is vote them in again.

I'm not spoiling my vote, refusing to vote, or punishment voting for their rival like some kind of baby just because things nationally may not be rosy.

I will vote but dont know who for as I also think that they are all as bad as one another.

At the end of the day they all appear to look after themselves and they are still making a fortune out of expenses on top of their over inflated salaries and as far as I know they also still have the best pension schemes when they retire.

Really dont have much time for politics and MP`s anymore but I know I should vote otherwise we may as well be a communist state like China.

I will vote but dont know who for as I also think that they are all as bad as one another.

At the end of the day they all appear to look after themselves and they are still making a fortune out of expenses on top of their over inflated salaries and as far as I know they also still have the best pension schemes when they retire.

Really dont have much time for politics and MP`s anymore but I know I should vote otherwise we may as well be a communist state like China.

If this is the local council elections we're talking about, that doesn't apply.

Local councillors have a fairly small remuneration for the work they do, and expenses are minimal. I think Sheffield councillors can pay into a pension scheme these days but that's not the norm, afaik.

No matter what people might think, nearly everyone who stands for election to local councils starts out with the best of intentions, imo. Cynicism probably does take over in the end though, because dealing with the citizenry is never easy. People demand openness and honesty, but when they get it, if it's not what they want to hear or doesn't benefit them directly, they reject it.

No-one ever wins an election, the others lose it.

If this is the local council elections we're talking about, that doesn't apply.

Local councillors have a fairly small remuneration for the work they do, and expenses are minimal. I think Sheffield councillors can pay into a pension scheme these days but that's not the norm, afaik.

No matter what people might think, nearly everyone who stands for election to local councils starts out with the best of intentions, imo. Cynicism probably does take over in the end though, because dealing with the citizenry is never easy. People demand openness and honesty, but when they get it, if it's not what they want to hear or doesn't benefit them directly, they reject it.

No-one ever wins an election, the others lose it.

I heard Jack Scott and Leigh Bramall bleating on about how hard councillors work and how they are community heros and we shouldn't give them a hard time. Yes we should. Anyone who is flogging themselves that hard and achieving nothing, or making things worse in the case of Sheffield, is not up to the job. That's our councillors. With the right skills, the right organisation and the right attitude anyone can achieve something.

Jack Scott admitted that 30 years of Labour has left lots of problems. So 30 years of hard work has achieved little. Says it all about councillors really.

Are you going to vote today or will you spoil your paper when you get in the booth ?

(spoiled / blank votes are counted)

Or are you not going to bother at all?

It sounds to me as if your intention is to encourage people to spoil their papers, or not turn out to vote. Is this an attempt at a damage limitation exercise being undertaken on behalf of the Cabinet Office? :hihi:

I shall be using my vote to register my dissatisfaction with the Conservatives and LibDems who have given footballers an extra £17,000 a week with their tax cuts for the rich, whilst hard working families are having to make real cuts every day and the number of families relying on foodbanks has doubled in this country in the past year. They have made a total mockery of the phrase 'We're all in this together'.

Yes, I know this is local and not national, but, at the end of the day, if you stand for a party, you have to face the fact that this is what people do. The LibDems could have made a name for themselves if they had stood up for the NHS but, at the end of the day, they were too yellow to rock the boat.

Archived