Are you going to vote or spoil your paper?

Voting or spoiling  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Voting or spoiling

• I'm voting
    • I'm spoiling
    • I'm not bothering at all

I've voted. And there was a queue to vote too, only about half an hour ago..:)

Good to see.

I just came back and we had a queue too!

There were still more officials than voters, seven in St Swithens, probably for crowd control later :D

Someone had put her yellow slip in the white slip box and wanted it back, me and the other bloke had to wait while they explained why they couldn't just open it for her :rolleyes:

Another advantage of blank voting

http://www.blankvote.org.uk/blank_votes_count.html

would be for those who feel they shouldn't vote for the party they actually like, because they're so unlikely to win that voting for them only 'helps party X get in'.

Or, they vote for their poor 2nd choice, or, for the party which shares some policies in common with the party they would actually like to vote for.

Instead, by submitting a blank vote, they bypass all that and add to the growing pile of blank votes whose total numbers must them be announced with the election results.

I wasn't actually going to vote today, as all the available parties promotional material shoved through the door has consisted mainly of bitching about the other parties; but, I think I'll pop in and vote blank now.

(I did come close to voting green, even though they're very unlikely to win, purely on the grounds that they sent a B&W leaflet consisting only of actual policies, with no bitching about the opposing parties whatsoever. However, got another (glossy/colour) from them this week, which did have a fair bit of bitching, so they blew their chances there).

I've voted. And there was a queue to vote too, only about half an hour ago..:)

Good to see.

I just came back and we had a queue too!

Hope that people don't leave it to just before voting-station closing time like at General Election!

Only an ignorant jackass would spoil their paper. Millions of ordinary men and women gave their lives for the right to vote. Dont degrade it

Why are they ignorant aresoles? Voting for the sake it is just the same as not voting / spoling ballot paper, and did anyone ask them to give their lifes up for voting?

Only an ignorant jackass would spoil their paper. Millions of ordinary men and women gave their lives for the right to vote. Dont degrade it

Why not spoil your ballot if you disagree with every candidate standing?

Why would you vote for someone you didn't agree with just because you had the right to vote? The right to vote is also the right to spoil your ballot paper or abstain altogether.

Archived