'Labour ignored Bank of England warnings, caused recession & cost 1m jobs'

Yes, he/she would. And IKEA as well. Oh wait ..................... Sheffield City Council have already done that.

Jim,

To be fair they may well be protecting the second hand furniture market on Abbeydale Road!

Seriously, I dont know if you have ever been to the Ikea in West Yorks but the amount of people who travel there from all over the north is amazing. The amount of business they must generate to the surrounding outlets is very substantial.

South Yorks loses out again?

you really are not all there are you :huh: how much tax does these companies actually pay10%? who said anything about foreign countries dictate what we pay? foreign companies who own the energy companies who now supply us dictate what we pay eg edf etc. you just cant bring yourself to admit that the unions have improved working conditions for the working man :hihi:

I am all here, I am not sure how much these companies pay, but when you add up all the tax that is generated by the employment they create as well as VAT, Corporation tax etc it will be substantial.

When I commented about foreign countries dictating what we pay I was quoting YOU.

I am all here, I am not sure how much these companies pay, but when you add up all the tax that is generated by the employment they create as well as VAT, Corporation tax etc it will be substantial.

When I commented about foreign countries dictating what we pay I was quoting YOU.

i have to admit your right i said countries but meant companies :gag: . see its not hard to do to admit your wrong at times but you cant bring yourself to do it :huh::hihi::hihi::hihi: by the way i love these smileys

you really are not all there are you :huh: how much tax does these companies actually pay10%? who said anything about foreign countries dictate what we pay? foreign companies who own the energy companies who now supply us dictate what we pay eg edf etc. you just cant bring yourself to admit that the unions have improved working conditions for the working man :hihi:

The way the unions improved the conditions of the miners and steelworkers was to make them unemployed so they didn't have to suffer accidents, breathing problems and vibration white finger. In that sense they actually did many individuals a favour. They didn't do the working man any favours by looting the tax payer's pocket to pay themselves more than a fair days pay for a few hours shoddy work.

i have to admit your right i said countries but meant companies :gag: . see its not hard to do to admit your wrong at times but you cant bring yourself to do it :huh::hihi::hihi::hihi: by the way i love these smileys

I never felt the need to admit I am wrong, as I am right.

The way the unions improved the conditions of the miners and steelworkers was to make them unemployed so they didn't have to suffer accidents, breathing problems and vibration white finger. In that sense they actually did many individuals a favour. They didn't do the working man any favours by looting the tax payer's pocket to pay themselves more than a fair days pay for a few hours shoddy work.
sheffield steel was renowned all over the world was that down to a few hours shoddy work :huh: let me give you a couple of examples in my van i now carry a first aid kit/ i have 3 different kinds of barrier cream/ i carry ppe equipment. when im on site i now have access to a warm place to eat my dinner/a changing room/ toilet facilities and a drying room. when i first started in this game you were lucky if you had a bucket to p*** in. and you still saying the unions havent got us this :huh:

sheffield steel was renowned all over the world was that down to a few hours shoddy work :huh: let me give you a couple of examples in my van i now carry a first aid kit/ i have 3 different kinds of barrier cream/ i carry ppe equipment. when im on site i now have access to a warm place to eat my dinner/a changing room/ toilet facilities and a drying room. when i first started in this game you were lucky if you had a bucket to p*** in. and you still saying the unions havent got us this :huh:

I'd say it's all down to being part of Europe and inheriting European workers rights, not unions.

I worked at a steel works that expected it's workers to do 50 hours a week minimum, all day Saturday and every other Sunday 6-12, with time and a third overtime rate. Unions didn't care. The European working time directive soon put the wind up them.

Archived