Invasion of the Cupcakes

There was a fancie cupcakes stand set up at my work the other day and I was convinced by a coworker to try one. At first I just thought they meant a 'fancy' cupcake, I had no idea it was a brand.

Total rip-off, absolutely extortionate price for a bang average cupcake, all it had going for it was that it looked very pretty imo. Will not be repeating, I'd rather have one of the prepacked cheap ones from the canteen, not significantly worse, and about 4 times cheaper.

Another American Import?

Probably but they have been around here a long time and also mentioned in the Beatles 1968 Yellow Submarine film.

Only recently have they become an overpriced fad that everyone seems to be making and selling. I noticed a stall at Crystal Peaks that was selling them @ £1.50 each I believe.

PS there is no such thing as a sugar rush, its an imagined perception.

It's a great way for stay at home mums who enjoy and are good at baking to make a living.

They are incredibly cheap, easy and quick to make.

And, because they take little baking time, they tend to be lighter than full cakes - this relates to home baked ones, I've never had a lighter than light shop bought one.

I think there is a general cake invasion at the moment, cake and tea is the new vodka and coke, must be my age.:)

Archived