Been ripped off by car dealer.

Thats what worries me tbh..But dont you think he would have had to send disc in..and also shouldnt the car dealer have checked with dvla..

Not sure. Maybe they claimed the tax disc was stolen.

jb

ETA: Although it's now looking more like the dealers cancelled, bounced cheque.

Problems Problems hubby just got off the phone with them they are denying all responsibility and blaming previous owners,he said to take dvla letter down and he will write to dvla and explain he sold car to us with 6 months on it..What the hell are we gonna do now, left with a car we cant afford to re tax..My blood is boiling..Told hubby to get his butt down there and sort it and tell the scroats to re tax it..they sold it to us so hes responsible..

Does your receipt say anything about the tax or is there any evidence online or otherwise that it had tax?

If so you can use that against them to sort it now but I'd guess they'll hold out until Trading Standards gets involved or you pursue the matter as a small claim.

Problems Problems hubby just got off the phone with them they are denying all responsibility and blaming previous owners,he said to take dvla letter down and he will write to dvla and explain he sold car to us with 6 months on it.

You didn't buy it from the previous owners, don't entertain the idea, you're being fobbed off.

Their statement is in itself an admission of liability, they admit they sold you six months tax, you haven't got it.

What the hell are we gonna do now, left with a car we cant afford to re tax..My blood is boiling..Told hubby to get his butt down there and sort it and tell the scroats to re tax it..they sold it to us so hes responsible..

Send a final warning letter, recorded delivery. State "time is of the essence" and you expect the matter to be resolved within 7 days or you will be forced to resolve via the courts.

Don't keep giving them chances, this is a normal tactic to muddy the waters, you end up forgetting details over time. Stick rigorously to the time you have allowed for the matter to be resolved. Make sure they know that any time beyond that will incur extra expense.

You didn't buy it from the previous owners, don't entertain the idea, you're being fobbed off.

Their statement is in itself an admission of liability, they admit they sold you six months tax, you haven't got it.

Send a final warning letter, recorded delivery. State "time is of the essence" and you expect the matter to be resolved within 7 days or you will be forced to resolve via the courts.

Don't keep giving them chances, this is a normal tactic to muddy the waters, you end up forgetting details over time. Stick rigorously to the time you have allowed for the matter to be resolved. Make sure they know that any time beyond that will incur extra expense.

Phoned dvla as much use as a chocolate fireguard,going to car sales tomorrow morning to sort it,if no joy im going to do what u suggested letter sent by recorded delivery with 7 days for them to sort otherwise trading standards and to court im afraid..

Decided to go straight to trading standards,or at least give them a ring to see what they can do for me. I am having to lay out for some more money for tax on car,which goes against the grain.

Archived