How much should you pay for window cleaning?

We pay ₤4 for a two bed semi.

Our window cleaner is a cheeky mare and doesn't clean from January to November you only see him at the start of December just in time for a Christmas bonus :|

And his excuses for missing the whole year, he's been in hospital, holiday, traction, moving house and so on and he ALWAYS tells his brother to do the round :suspect:

Not that I mind really it's a waste of money that I can spend on nice stuff and you can really tell the difference when he does clean them after eleven months :hihi:

I pay £3 and thats all it's worth I have timed him less than a minuet a window, and I once caught him just scrapping the rain drops off and rubbing then with a cloth and he swore blind he had washed it first and he even cleans them in the dark in Winter, sometimes he comes at 6.30am

my minimum fee is £5 for the likes of a 2 bed terrace-3 bed semi,but this will also depend on the size of house-conservatory and height etc etc.

a minimum fee has to be charged due to fuel cost-price of equipment-late payers etc etc.

You can assume that anyone charging £2-£3 will be working on the fiddle and will not be insured,you cannot make a legitimate living by charging these prices:(

I use poles and most often they are much quicker than ladders but the majority of the work and cost is unseen by the customer when you consider the time and effort and expense it takes to filter the water and transport it from one end of town to the other.

Archived