People voting Labour in protest

People are faced with a choice - would you like to go to the private hospital X or state hospital Y.

Private hospital X has English speaking staff who can write, state hospital Y has foreign bank staff who don't understand English and are prone to random mistakes.

Which would you choose?

Because

A: The reforms propose opening private hospitals to 'compete' for 'customers' with NHS run hospitals, but nobobody else knows this except you.

B: The private sector does not hire foreigners, whereas the public sector hires almost exclusively foreigners, particularly prefering ones who don't speak English.

This just gets better and better - for comedy value.

Guest sibon
People are faced with a choice - would you like to go to the private hospital X or state hospital Y.

Private hospital X has English speaking staff who can write, state hospital Y has foreign bank staff who don't understand English and are prone to random mistakes.

Which would you choose?

I'd choose the real hospital. The state one that you have failed to represent in your ridiculous post.

Most of the institutions that I encounter, that are happy to employ people who can't speak English very well, are private. Usually banks, or IT companies.

Choose a better example next time.

Guest sibon
Because

This just gets better and better - for comedy value.

Tories are usually good for comedy value. Especially when they try to take the moral high ground.

As we all know, there are no morals in the pursuit of naked profit.

I'd choose the real hospital. The state one that you have failed to represent in your ridiculous post.

Most of the institutions that I encounter, that are happy to employ people who can't speak English very well, are private. Usually banks, or IT companies.

Choose a better example next time.

We're talking about hospitals, not banks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1263803/Revealed-Hospital-staff-70-countries-nurses-dont-understand-nil-mouth-forced-English-lessons.html

Guest sibon

No. We were talking about foreign workers who cant speak decent English.

I encounter far more of them when I try to phone up a private firm than I do when I use the NHS.

Please send more random Daily Mail links about hospitals in places that I don't live. That will strengthen your argument considerably. :rolleyes:

No. We were talking about foreign workers who cant speak decent English.

I encounter far more of them when I try to phone up a private firm than I do when I use the NHS.

Please send more random Daily Mail links about hospitals in places that I don't live. That will strengthen your argument considerably. :rolleyes:

Oh dear, you still don't get it.

I have no problem with foreign workers in various industries. They can get by and adapt quickly.

However when it comes to health, and they don't understand why 'nil by mouth' means then there is trouble.

Guest sibon
Oh dear, you still don't get it.

I have no problem with foreign workers in various industries. They can get by and adapt quickly.

However when it comes to health, and they don't understand why 'nil by mouth' means then there is trouble.

Then I suggest that you re-read your contributions to this thread. They are at clear variance with your claim in the post that I have quoted.

But if - as you say -GPs are only motivated by self interest, why do the majority of them not want to get involved in a sceme by which they could make a lot more money?

And if you believe the majority of them are utterly corrupted by self interest, why would you want to hand billions in extra funding over to their control?

Your arguments are riddled with inconsistencies.

I think you'll find your comprehension is riddled with errors. Consultants work in hospitals. They are not GPs. GPs have the interests of their patients at heart. Consultants have their own interests at heart. GPs will choose where to send their patients. They will not choose to send them to crappy, dirty, run down death traps like Stafford, for example. GPs don't want to get involved because they would have to make that decision and they don't want to be accountable for it if it all goes wrong. Hospitals like Stafford cover up their mistakes so a GP might send someone there thinking it's a good hospital when it could be a death trap. They are afraid of being held accountable. Money is a smokescreen and has nothing to do with the issue. It's all about avoiding accountability.

Then I suggest that you re-read your contributions to this thread. They are at clear variance with your claim in the post that I have quoted.

Various industries as in banks and the like - where human life is not at risk from English mistakes.

You just don't get it do you! And you're a mod as well!

It's a typical Labourite response - recount what was said, question it without actually adressing the key point!

Guest sibon
Various industries as in banks and the like - where human life is not at risk from English mistakes.

You just don't get it do you! And you're a mod as well!

It's a typical Labourite response - recount what was said, question it without actually adressing the key point!

The key point is that your argument is incomprehensible.

I'd expect anyone that I deal with in the UK to speak proper English.

My experience of the NHS is that they do.

My experience of phoning private companies is that they have outsourced to make a profit. That often means that their call centres are not UK based.

I've honestly never had a problem conversing with a health professional. Then again, I don't read the Mail.

Archived