People voting Labour in protest

The key point is that your argument is incomprehensible.

I'd expect anyone that I deal with in the UK to speak proper English.

My experience of the NHS is that they do.

My experience of phoning private companies is that they have outsourced to make a profit. That often means that their call centres are not UK based.

I've honestly never had a problem conversing with a health professional. Then again, I don't read the Mail.

You still don't get it!!!!

You're experience of the NHS may be that, but there are many others who will tell you otherwise.

Private companies outsourcing to call centres has nothing to do with it, as they are call centres and are dealing with things like credit cards, not people's health!!

The NHS is not accountable - as long as the job is done, then everything is OK. This is why reforms are needed. There is nothing to reward how well the job is done.

Guest sibon

You're experience of the NHS may be that, but there are many others who will tell you otherwise.

Private companies outsourcing to call centres has nothing to do with it, as they are call centres and are dealing with things like credit cards, not people's health!!

The NHS is not accountable - as long as the job is done, then everything is OK. This is why reforms are needed. There is nothing to reward how well the job is done.

You are right. I don't get it. I don't get your argument, because you haven't got one.

I've just re-read the thread and you seem to be veering from one place to another in a somewhat erratic manner.

I give up.

And I am one of them. As part of Blair's initiative to get down waiting lists operations were carried out at the Claremont by NHS staff. The NHS staff were mainly agency staff. I got two east african nurses who could barely speak english and didn't seem to know how to work the vital signs machine. More recently wife was treated by an African consultant who could barely speak english and had only arrived the week before. The NHS is just one big fat lie and it's the vested interests that keep that lie going.

My mother worked for the NHS for 40 years and left 3 years ago. She worked her way up the ladder over the years, eventually finishing at a Teacher Trainer on the Renal ward.

In her latter years, she often bemoaned that she spent more time sorting out new visas for staff, than actually nursing.

I jest you not.

She doesnt miss it at all. She constantly moaned that staff no longer had empathy with the patients and wished the come back of Matron.

I think you'll find your comprehension is riddled with errors. Consultants work in hospitals. They are not GPs. GPs have the interests of their patients at heart. Consultants have their own interests at heart. GPs will choose where to send their patients. They will not choose to send them to crappy, dirty, run down death traps like Stafford, for example. GPs don't want to get involved because they would have to make that decision and they don't want to be accountable for it if it all goes wrong. Hospitals like Stafford cover up their mistakes so a GP might send someone there thinking it's a good hospital when it could be a death trap. They are afraid of being held accountable. Money is a smokescreen and has nothing to do with the issue. It's all about avoiding accountability.

Are you serious? Your analysis basically amounts to: GPs good, consultants bad.

As an argument, it comes straight out of the cars are red, lorries are green school of philosophy.

You are right. I don't get it. I don't get your argument, because you haven't got one.

I've just re-read the thread and you seem to be veering from one place to another in a somewhat erratic manner.

I give up.

Another Rampton escapee I suspect!;)

I give up.

They are grasping at straws and are desperately trying to change peoples' opinions. They have little chances of doing so, have you been watching public opinion. I can't see any amount of bribing at the next General Election changing the situation as it is now.

And I am one of them. As part of Blair's initiative to get down waiting lists operations were carried out at the Claremont by NHS staff. The NHS staff were mainly agency staff. I got two east african nurses who could barely speak english and didn't seem to know how to work the vital signs machine. More recently wife was treated by an African consultant who could barely speak english and had only arrived the week before. The NHS is just one big fat lie and it's the vested interests that keep that lie going.

This is complete rubbish. The work would have been contracted out to the private sector. The Claremont would have brought in those agency staff, not the NHS.

If you have genuine concerns about your wife's African doctor and the care he provided then report those concerns.

You're right about the accountability. I know of two companies that sell HP computers and printers which have come from the NHS and still have 2 years of the 3 year warranty that came with it.

How much money is wasted buying these machines which are getting a year's use before replacement? Would you buy an extended warranty on an electrical appliance if you knew you were getting rid in under a year?

This is complete rubbish. The work would have been contracted out to the private sector. The Claremont would have brought in those agency staff, not the NHS.

If you have genuine concerns about your wife's African doctor and the care he provided then report those concerns.

The Healthcare Commission? Don't make me laugh. They are swamped with complaints. Local NHS? They'll tell me to go to the Healthcare Commission. As I have said many times. No accountability.

Archived