People voting Labour in protest

Neek, although i like your sentiment, you need enough people to get behind these different parties to get them into power, people wont vote lib dem due to the fact they havent come through with their promises, so labour is the next big party. Shame really..

Why did these people not vote for Labour in the last general elections where were they then,I hope they have learnt from there mistake and return to vote for Labour in the next general elections and return Labour back to Government.

You honestly think the country would be in a better state had the awful Brown and his cronies managed to cling onto power for another 5 years?

You honestly think the country would be in a better state had the awful Brown and his cronies managed to cling onto power for another 5 years?

Yes I do and we would be a lot better of than we are now,and why do you think Gordon Brown was awful is it maybe he was not good looking enough, he was certainly a lot better prime minister than the one we are stuck with now,people tend to vote on looks and don't take into account there ability's,

Thank you for your kind insults. NOT. The plain fact is, the current coalition ARE making a hash of it.

I didn't say that was my mentality at all...Try reading it first before making personal insults.

My observation is clearly what happened. I didn't say it was wise or otherwise.

The 1990's just called, they want their retort back :hihi:

Who needs to find £200billion down the back of the sofa, when you can print £325 billion electronically.

That would push inflation, but it can be argued that inflation is a flat rate tax on money.

The problem is we have both inflation and high taxes.

Yes I do and we would be a lot better of than we are now,and why do you think Gordon Brown was awful is it maybe he was not good looking enough, he was certainly a lot better prime minister than the one we are stuck with now,people tend to vote on looks and don't take into account there ability's,

What a poor excuse. Are you seriously trying to say that Thatcher was a looker or John Major was handsome?

Brown lost because he and his government was a shower of ......... .

Labour supporters thinking? Whatever will you come up with next? This was the usual, predictable mid term kicking of an incumbent government. Nothing to do with local politics. At the last local election all the loons (there I said it) voted to give Nick Clegg a kicking. They ended up with a Labour council cutting front line services but not management jobs and everyone complained about it. This time they want to give Cameron a kicking so they put in even more Labour muppets who will cut more front line services put up parking and transport charges, make education worse and still not get rid of any managers. Stupidity doesn't even begin to cover it.

Yeah, it's almost bad as trying to insult people by suggesting voters are thick isn't it?

The fact he was ugly was the least of his problems. That fact that he was useless was the key issue, his policies as chancellor and PM landed us in the mess we are in, he allowed borrowing to spiral out of control, he sold off the gold reserves just before the price of gold went through the roof. You don't have to be a fan of the coalition to remember just how awful new labour were and looking at the current no hopers in the shadow cabinet still are.

That would push inflation, but it can be argued that inflation is a flat rate tax on money.

The problem is we have both inflation and high taxes.

Not to mention it devalues the £ in your pocket.

Archived