The Decline of Politics

Seeing as the local elections have sprung up even more heart ache for the Liberal Democrats and the Conservatives are taking a hammering, Labour seems to be on the up as well but the concept of local elected mayors seems to be a dead horse, now, coming from someone who does not see the point in voting and never votes at all seeing as it is an extremely dated concept as is the concept of politics.

There seems to be far less people actually bothering to vote nowadays and nobody can give a flying monkeys who win seats because they are all out for themselves and do not have any contribution to the common world we live in and in fact all they ever do is play games with us and make our lives worse by giving us the most needles and complicated things to do and live by instead of being logical and using common sense.

Do the common folk on the street even know who is in power locally and do they even know any members of parliament who hold and cabinets or so called positions of power, I think not, I would say have a complete boycott of any voting from now on, do not pay your taxes and become self sustained, get off the grid and become less reliant on the powers that be, if we all stopped paying taxes, do you think they would jail and punish a whole country, I think not, it would be barbaric to think that, the only thing the monitory system has to enforce anything is playground threats, the police and the military, if they like us stopped enforcing the powers that be and actually used critical thinking and actually decided that all they were doing is enforcing cruelty and dictatorships and actually damaging humanity as a whole, then politics would be made irrelevant, which of course nowadays it actually is, politics is on par with religion as being the most damaging evils in the history of humanity.

The rise of private renting has created a new lower class in the UK.

This new lower class does not have a fixed address, they seldom have the time to settle into a location, into a community. They have barely moved in, before they move out. They don't have the time to register to vote. Their lives revolve around scraping together the money to pay the rent.

Sheffield was once called the 'biggest village'.

People came here and settled down, they were not forced to move and move again. People knew their neighbours.

Sheffield is now a slum. People constantly forced to move around the ghetto, they don't have the time to register to vote.

No one voting? Then how do you explain the swing of power from Conservative to Labour? If people aren't voting why didn't councils stay Conservative? I think you are just disappointed with the results.

Seeing as the local elections have sprung up even more heart ache for the Liberal Democrats and the Conservatives are taking a hammering, Labour seems to be on the up as well but the concept of local elected mayors seems to be a dead horse, now, coming from someone who does not see the point in voting and never votes at all seeing as it is an extremely dated concept as is the concept of politics.

There seems to be far less people actually bothering to vote nowadays and nobody can give a flying monkeys who win seats because they are all out for themselves and do not have any contribution to the common world we live in and in fact all they ever do is play games with us and make our lives worse by giving us the most needles and complicated things to do and live by instead of being logical and using common sense.

Do the common folk on the street even know who is in power locally and do they even know any members of parliament who hold and cabinets or so called positions of power, I think not, I would say have a complete boycott of any voting from now on, do not pay your taxes and become self sustained, get off the grid and become less reliant on the powers that be, if we all stopped paying taxes, do you think they would jail and punish a whole country, I think not, it would be barbaric to think that, the only thing the monitory system has to enforce anything is playground threats, the police and the military, if they like us stopped enforcing the powers that be and actually used critical thinking and actually decided that all they were doing is enforcing cruelty and dictatorships and actually damaging humanity as a whole, then politics would be made irrelevant, which of course nowadays it actually is, politics is on par with religion as being the most damaging evils in the history of humanity.

Have the common people ever known who is in power? It's mainly people with an IQ a little above average who bother to take an interest in such things.

They could however tell you in the blink of an eye how their favourite sports team is doing, when it's darts night at the local pub and whose doing who on the Soaps.

Have the common people ever known who is in power? It's mainly people with an IQ a little above average who bother to take an interest in such things.

They could however tell you in the blink of an eye how their favourite sports team is doing, when it's darts night at the local pub and whose doing who on the Soaps.

Do you think the vote should be taken off these "ordinary people" on the basis they're not clever enough to understand politics?

Do you think the vote should be taken off these "ordinary people" on the basis they're not clever enough to understand politics?

Not at all but they should at least know and understand how the electroral system works, their reponsibilites as voters, who their current MP is, what the House of Commons does and the House of Lords.

Basic stuff that any citizen should know. But do some of them even know that?

I hear gripes all the time on this forum about what a waste of time all politicians are. The only thing that's a waste of time however is negativity and apathy.

Not at all but they should at least know and understand how the electroral system works, their reponsibilites as voters, who their current MP is, what the House of Commons does and the House of Lords.

Basic stuff that any citizen should know. But do some of them even know that?

I hear gripes all the time on this forum about what a waste of time all politicians are. The only thing that's a waste of time however is negativity and apathy.

100% Agree,but your statement is a monster generalisation,neither you nor i know what percentage of folk that understand politics and their workings.

What i will say in their defence is that English politics these days is so lacklustre.that it's very difficult to give a stuff what's happening when the man in the streets opinion means nothing.

100% Agree,but your statement is a monster generalisation,neither you nor i know what percentage of folk that understand politics and their workings.

What i will say in their defence is that English politics these days is so lacklustre.that it's very difficult to give a stuff what's happening when the man in the streets opinion means nothing.

How many actually contact their MPs with their opinions and concerns?

It's never been easier since (like here) you can E-mail your representative at anytime and receive a reply a few days later.

I suspect that many just reserve their opinions and gripes for the ears of their mates down at the pub.

As for lacklustre? That's not a bad thing. It means that we are not living in "interesting times" such as global conflicts, killer plagues, worldwide economic collapse and natural disasters on a horrific scale.

I think one of the problems is that at the moment some people expect the current government to wave a magic wand and clear up the mess left by labour overnight, without cutting any of the services that were being provided with borrowed money.

Archived